Senior line Chef
London (Greater London) Hotels - Restaurants
Hourly rate: £13 /hour plus service charge
The DoubleTree Docklands is located in a 17th-century building once housed London's last dry shipbuilding dock. With this unique mixture of old heritage and modern service, this 378 room hotel offers an exceptional family-like experience for its guests and employees. With the Jubilee and Overground-connected bus route C10 in the front, and a free ferry service to Canary Wharf, the property can be reached easily from both the north and south half of London.
With its various set of outlets and diversified range of guests, the DT Docklands offers an excellent opportunity for every team member from entry to a higher level to start or build an outstanding career in the field of hospitality.
A WORLD OF REWARDS
- Free and healthy meals when on duty
- Grow your Career
- Personal Development programmes designed to support you at every step of your career
- A chance to make a difference through our Corporate Responsibility programmes – Find out what and how we are doing (https://cr.hilton.com)
- Team Member Travel Program: discounted hotel nights plus 50% off Food and Beverages (subject to individual outlets)
- Team Member Referral Program
- High street discounts: with Perks at Work
- Holiday: 28 daysincluding bank holidays (increasing yearly to up to 33 days)
- Modern and inclusive Team Member’s areas
A Senior Line Chef is responsible for supervising staff and ensuring high levels of food preparation to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while assisting with food cost controls.
What will I be doing?
A Senior Line Chef, will supervise staff and ensure high levels of food preparation to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Senior Line Chef will also be required to assist with food cost controls. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Ensure all food preparation meets standards
- Prepare and present high quality food
- Supervise staff
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
- Prepare all mis-en-place for all relevant menus
- Assist in positive outcomes from guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure food stuffs are of a good quality and stored correctly
- Contribute to controlling costs, improving gross profit margins, and other departmental and financial targets
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Assist Head Chef/Sous Chef in the training of all staff in compliance of company procedures
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Be environmentally aware
What are we looking for?
A Senior Line Chef serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- A minimum of 2 years of previous experience as a Chef de Partie or strong experience as a Demi Chef de Partie role
- A current, valid, and relevant trade commercial cookery qualification (proof may be required)
- Strong coaching skills
- Ability and desire to motivate teams
- Excellent communication skills
- NVQ Level 3
- Achieved Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Supervisory experience
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous kitchen experience in similar role
- Intermediate Food Hygiene
- Knowledge of current food trends
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL IS WHO WE ARE, AND WE ARE HILTON!
Hospitality Integrity Leadership Teamwork Ownership Now
Maybe it’s all the little things we do to show we care. From thoughtful touches and friendly service to our warm chocolate chip cookie welcome, we are here to make your stay as comfortable as possible right from the start.
Find out more about all our brands and hotels - Hilton Brands | Global Hospitality Company