Our team members are changing the world one stay at a time. As a security services professional in the world's best known hotel brand you'll have more than just a job, you'll bring your expertise to ensure the safety and security of our team members, guests and our asset to provide superior guests services and delight our guests.
What will I be doing?
As a Security Officer, you are responsible for monitoring and controlling entrances, patrolling on a regular basis, and managing undesirable behaviour to deliver a superior guest and team member experience. As Security Officer, you will also be required support evacuation procedures as well as perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Demonstrate exceptional customer service when engaging with guests and provide a welcoming environment for guests including providing Hotel and local information
· Respond promptly to security issues including Emergency calls and liaise with Police in the absence of Manager
· Perform regular patrols of the Hotel and retails space ensuring fire walks take place and perform static guard duties
· Control the Goods pass out procedure for any items purchased, loaned, or otherwise legitimately obtained
· Maintain system that monitors contractors working in the hotel in accordance with company health and safety policies
· Operate, check and monitor the CCTV system & escalate concerns or investigations when required
· Manage undesirable behaviour in a professional manner, intervening and defusing potential altercations
Ideal candidate profile
What we are looking for?
· Previous Security experience, preferably in a hotel or a similar work environment
· Current Security Licence Qld and RSA
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to work autonomously and good problem solving
· Strong work ethic & reliable
· Passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our amazing team members are at the heart of what we do! As a Hilton team member, you can look forward to receiving the following
A competitive salary
Complimentary duty meals
An investment in your wellbeing to include flexible working arrangements that support you in making space for “what matters most”
Flexible working options allowing you to balance your family and work life commitments
Access to Go Hilton, our Team Member Travel Program offering heavily discounted room rates and up to 50% off food and beverage at participating hotel outlets across our properties globally!
Access to Hilton University training, offering more than 3000 learning programs
Extensive leadership and career development opportunities
Hilton was named the #1 Hotel chain in the Great Places to Work survey 2017, 2018 & 2019!