Birmingham (City and Borough of Birmingham) IT development
Ready to seal the deal?
WELCOME TO A WORLD OF OPPORTUNITIES - No two days or two hotels are the same, but our spirit and passion for hospitality always brings all our teams together to create a culture of inclusiveness, positivity and drive to achieve our common goal. “To share the light and warmth of hospitality”. With amazing training, resources and support from both managers and colleagues, there is always an opportunity to develop and grow.
A WORLD OF REWARDS
- Annual salary ranging from £23,000 to £25,000
- Free, healthy and high quality meals when on duty
- Grow your Career
- Personal Development programmes designed to support you at every step of your career
- A chance to make a difference through our Corporate Responsibility programmes – Find out what and how we are doing (https://cr.hilton.com)
- Team Member Travel Program: discounted hotel nights plus 50% off Food and Beverages (subject to individual outlets)
- Team Member Referral Program
- Discounted dental and health cover
- High street discounts: with Perks at Work
- Free car park
- Subsidised Taxi between 12am and 7am
- Holiday: 28 daysincluding bank holidays (increasing yearly to up to 33 days)
- Guest Experience Day: 1 night stay with breakfast and dinner
- Modern and inclusive Team Member’s areas
The role of a Sales Researcher is to fully understand and perform the job accountabilities and personal competencies as described below, supporting the Hotel Sales Office in ensuring the successful development of long term customer partnerships, working with the sales team to deliver Hilton's Mission of Outstanding Customer Service. Telesales experience would be an excellent background for this position.
- To interpret trends, and evaluate the potential of current and new client accounts and related third party involvement.
- To gather research data and seek leads from external sources & to be proactive in finding new business.
- To develop and maintain working knowledge of Hilton's products and services.
- To support the DOS, ADOS & Sales Managers in referring leads promptly, managing their diary time to achieve maximum productivity.
- To develop and maintain effective communication with external and internal customers.
- Assist with the co-ordination of Fam Trips and site visits.
- To assist with the planning and execution of sales trips/trade fairs & networking events in line with the sales & marketing plan.
- Have an understanding of Microsoft office.
- Be PC literate with a knowledge of Delphi or similar preferable but training will be given.
- Attain targets – eg revenue/sales calls/pipeline
- Undertake projects in order to drive lead generation and sales figures.
- With the support of the DOS, ADOS & Sales Managers support of monthly reporting.
- Maintain awareness of the hotels key competitors and managing the SWOT analysis document.
These are the personal skills, qualities and attributes that you will need to demonstrate in order to carry out your job effectively.
- To have a personal impact, taking responsibility and using initiative to resolve issues.
- To approach tasks orderly, with tenacity and determination, completing work to the required standard within the deadlines agreed
- To be highly motivated, committed and enthusiastic, seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve personal performance
- To maintain a high level of professionalism in dealings with customers, face to face and on the telephone
- To be flexible, responding quickly and positively to changing requirements
- To maintain team focus by showing co-operation and support to colleagues in the support of department goals.
- Strong influencing and communication skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
Want to know more about this job?
Contact Zoe directly in our Recruitment Team on Zoe.Slack@Hilton.com
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL IS WHO WE ARE, AND WE ARE HILTON!
Never just stay. Stay inspired. Smart luxury is at the core of everything Conrad Hotels & Resorts does. We are the destination of a new generation of smart luxury travellers for whom life, business, and pleasure seamlessly intersect.
Find out more about all our brands and hotels - Hilton Brands | Global Hospitality Company