Job Description: In-room Dining Captain
The In-room Dining Captain will help in the overall day-to-day operation, and long-term outlook of In-Room Dining. The In-room Dining Captain will help create a pleasant dining experience for guests.
The In-room Dining Captain reports directly to the In-Room Dining Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
· Support Company's philosophy and company culture
· Provide excellent service at all times to all of our guests
· Assist guests courteously and efficiently
· Supervise day-to-day operations
· Supervise the maintenance and cleanliness of the outlet at all times
· Excellent knowledge of food and beverage, including being able to service and sell the product
· Manage proper supplies level
· Assist manager with scheduling
· Assist manager with Team Members training and development
· Assist manager with conducting of daily, weekly and monthly communication meeting with staff
· Assist team members with order-taking, table setup, order delivery, retrieval of table and guest engagement
· Ascertain guest satisfaction
· Manage, coach, and counsel Team Members
· Uphold and enforce all hotel policies and procedures as stated in hotel colleague handbook
· Communicate all group information/changes to existing information to appropriate hotel colleagues in an accurate and timely manner
· Has strong sense of responsibility for financial goals set forth by the company
· Be responsible for guest and Team Member satisfaction scores
This description for the In-Room Dining Captain has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties and responsibilities. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description, in no way, states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The in-room Dining Captain will be required to perform other job-related duties assigned by the Food & Beverage leadership
· Minimum of 2 years' experience in a luxury environment
· Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
· Highly self-motivated and able to motivate others
· Work in a safe, prudent and organized manner
· Have an in-depth knowledge of food and its preparation
· Be able to relate to all levels of guest and management
· Have the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
· Must have excellent attention to details, and extensive service knowledge
· Bachelor's degree in hospitality or other related field
· TIPS and ServSafe certification
· Knowledge in Wine and Spirits
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
· Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
· Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
· Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
· Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
· Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
· Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
· Customer Focus
· Adaptability What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!