The captain is responsible for serving beverages and/or food to the guest in a friendly, courteous and timely manner. His/her work should result in overall guest satisfaction.
· Assists and participates the day-to-day function of Waiter, Bus-boy. facilities, sales, expenses and ensures the required standard of service performance are implemented and maintained
· Provides an overall high levels of Food and Beverage service to guests and ensures
that guest satisfaction are met
· Inspects, conducts all mis en place work required and ensures that all areas of responsibilities are kept up to the expected standard and regulations according to he designed task.
· Ensures timing of service functions are adhered to/for guest satisfaction.
· Informs, notifies supervisors and subordinates of special request and or other related manners.
· Ensures that all checks (in the area of responsibility) have been signed by guest and that figures are correct before passing on to the cashier and all administration of obtaining and delivering procedures are followed.
· Ensures that all public and back-of-house areas are presentable and that all equipment is stored correctly.
· Handles guests’ complaints and refers them as necessary. Follow-up on corrective action.
In addition to performance of essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
· Attending mandatory meetings
· Perform general cleaning tasks to adhere to health and safety standards
· Keep work area clean and organized
· Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor such as assisting security with disorderly guests.
· Must adhere to all corporate and local beverage regulations pertaining to serving (non)-alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests to insure all laws are being followed.
· Knows and understands the job description of all positions in the respective outlet and be aware of others.
· Knows and understands policies relating to Food & Beverage and others.
· Recognises good quality products and presentation.
· Checks and improves all service standards established by the company.
· Provides assistance to the staff when required during peak periods.
· Maintains grooming standards for all personnel.
· Conserves energy and water at all time by not decreasing guest comfort and cleaning efficiency.
· Manages wastes by reducing and recycling, changing staff behaviour to carefully use all resources.
· The holder of this statement can be asked to take on other tasks in addition of the ones stated, in a reasonable framework.