Start Date: August/September 2022
Duration: 12 Months
Location: Amsterdam Area Office (NL) or Watford EMEA Head Office (UK)
We are recruiting for a bright and talented intern, keen to begin a career in Recruitment (Talent Acquisition) or Human Resources , to join our Europe, Middle East and Africa Talent Acquisition Team.
As Recruiting Marketing/Social Media Intern in the EMEA Talent Acquisition team, you will assist in all administrative and operational tasks involved within many stages of the recruitment process, with a prime focus on supporting the region’s social media and recruitment marketing activities in order to promote our Brand Awareness and Employer Brand. This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking for a university placement who is interested in pursuing a career in Recruitment Marketing.
Why Work for Hilton?
Hilton is one of the largest and fastest growing hospitality companies in the world, with more than 6,660+ properties in 119 countries and territories. In the 100+ years since our founding, we have defined the hospitality industry and established a portfolio of 18 world-class brands, including our flagship Hilton Hotels & Resorts brand, which is the most recognised hotel brand in the world.
We are consistently endorsed by our employees as a Great Place To Work in all of the countries in which we operate, and for the last five years we have been voted by UK students as the most popular Graduate Recruiter in the Hospitality, Leisure and Tourism sector. In 2021 we were ranked as #1 on the UK’s Best Workplaces list and #3 on the UK’s Best Workplaces For Women list by Great Place to Work*, Hilton is committed to creating a diverse and exceptional workplace culture, supporting Team Members in achieving both personal and professional goals.
Hilton Work Perks
In addition to a competitive salary you will also receive a range of excellent benefits - probably the best of which is our Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program. This provides you with access to heavily reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends. Perfect for the holiday savvy intern!
In our Amsterdam office you will also benefit from a subsidized canteen. You will be part of a cohort of approximately 10 Interns who are spread across various departments, and will be involved in our unique intern programme. This includes monthly meetings and assignments which are designed to support your development.
A bit about the job
As an intern, you will be an integral part of the team and will play an active role in our continued success. Some of the more specific responsibilities you will be taking on are detailed as follows;
Employer Branding Support on Social Media 80%
· Creating and producing internal & external (recruitment) campaigns supporting Hilton as a Great Place To Work on social media channels including LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook & Twitter.
· Acts as day to day contact for all UK & Ireland hotel recruitment social media activities
· Assist in identifying key events or activities that would support the overall branding objective
· Coordinate attraction and culture campaigns across the various stakeholder groups and channels including maintaining and communicating the content calendar and ensuring consistency of theme
· Work with various stakeholder groups to identify or create content in line with the content calendar
· Work with our Data teams to measure and track the impact of campaigns
· Responds to candidate enquiries regarding working at Hilton or carrying out work experience
· Responds to candidates who send in their CVs speculatively
· Assists with recruitment projects as required
· You will also take on a study related project as part of the placement.
Administrative Recruitment Support 20%
· Manages a variety of departmental administration including but not limited to assisting with emails, invoicing and cross charging
· Day to day maintenance of channels and calendars
· Produces reports and management information within the required timescales
· Maintains records of all recruitment related expenditure incurred
What are we looking for?
As with any job, we do have certain criteria that you will need to meet in order to be considered for this amazing opportunity. These are detailed as follows;
· Must be in your second year of undergraduate study at the point of application
· Must be able to start in September 2021 and available for the full 12 months.
· Must be eligible to work in the Netherlands. If you are a non-EU national, then you will need to be studying at a Dutch university in order to be eligible to undertake a placement here.
The individual should possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to explain complex analytical topics to a wide audience.
· Flexible approach and excellent time management skills
· Absolute discretion with confidential information
· Ability to work under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands
· Excellent administrative skills
· Fluency in English language
· Good people skills
· Planning and organising skills
· Good analytical skills
· Excellent attention to detail
· Good working knowledge of social media and social marketing
If you would like to be considered for this internship please ensure that you submit your application (in English) on or before 14 January 2022 . Please bear with us whilst we process your application as we receive a lot of interest and we want to ensure that each applicant is given the consideration he/she deserves.
You’ll be contacted via email by our Graduate Recruitment Team who will inform you of the outcome and (if applicable) next steps. If your application is taken forward, you will be asked to complete a series of online assessments and a video interview.
Beyond the Internship
Whilst we are not always able to guarantee an offer of employment at the end of your studies, we like to keep in touch with our intern community and many have successfully re-joined Hilton upon completion of their degree. To give you a few examples, we currently have former interns working for us in Finance, Marketing, Sales, HR, Procurement… The list goes on!