Located in the heart of Mayfair, London Hilton on Park Lane was the first Hilton to open within the UK and is close to all that London has to offer, whether it be musicals, Royal Parks or world famous landmarks. Find us overlooking Hyde Park, within half a mile of Green Park and Buckingham Palace, and only one tube stop from Big Ben and the London Eye. Soaring high above the city streets, the hotel is famed for its unparalleled five star luxury. With 453 spacious guest rooms, including 56 suites and a Penthouse Suite, there is something for all.
The 28th floor restaurant, Galvin at Windows, offers fine dining and views spanning London. On the same floor, 10 Degrees Sky Bar serves expertly crafted mixology. The ground level is home to Podium Restaurant and bar, where breakfast, lunch, dinner and award winning afternoon tea is served. There is also a Champagne bar - CC Bar, and in the basement, Trader Vic’s - London’s only Polynesian-themed restaurant and bar. The hotel is also home to Wyld by Nature; an eco-friendly nightclub with sustainability at its core.
Furthermore, the first floor has undergone a renovation which was completed April 2022. This includes the iconic Grand Ballroom, Wellington & Harvest Ballroom and the Executive Lounge.
Here at London Hilton on Park Lane, we create heartfelt experiences for all our Guests and meaningful opportunities for all our Team Members. This has led to Hilton being consistently recognised as “Great Places to Work.”
This is not just a job. We offer you an exceptional career alongside a path to self-discovery and growth.
Salary - £11.50 per hour
- Working for the UK’s #1 Great Places to Work in hospitality
- Personal Development: programmes at all levels to support your career
- Grow your career whilst having fun
- Travel and food discounts with Hilton
- Holiday: 28 days including bank holidays (increasing yearly to max 33)
- Pension scheme, discounted dental and health cover
- High street discounts: with Perks at Work
- Meals on duty
- Company supplied uniform
What will I be doing?
As a receptionist, you will provide reception services for Guests to contribute to an overall exceptional experience from check-in through check-out and complete audits, as required. A receptionist contributes to the first impressions of our Guests and, therefore, must perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Achieve positive outcomes from Guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure an efficient reception experience for Guests, including check in/out, and complete audit procedures, as required
- Ensure that both the Front Office Manager and Reception Supervisors are kept fully aware of any relevant feedback from guests and, or, other departments
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service at all times
- Attend appropriate training courses, when required, and assist with the Night Team's training and development efforts
- Demonstrate a knowledge of hotel room categories, room rates, packages, promotions and other general product knowledge necessary to perform daily duties
- Maximize room occupancy and use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities
- Use the correct procedures regarding the acceptance of foreign currencies, credit cards and cash in accordance with the hotel credit policy
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Act in accordance with policies and procedures when working with front of house equipment and property management systems
- Follow company brand standards
- Assist other departments, as necessary
What are we looking for?
Receptionists serving Hilton brands are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous experience in a customer-focused industry
- Completed high school certificate or equivalent
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- Competent level of IT proficiency
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience in cash handling
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!