Hourly rate: £11/hour plus incentives from upsell
The Hilton London Canary Wharf is a modern, full service hotel with 282 Guestrooms in the heart of London’s financial district. Conveniently located just 2 minutes from South Quay DLR Station and 5 minutes from Canary Wharf underground station. Close to the City, Olympic park and the O2, the hotel welcomes a wide range of guests here on business and leisure. Consistently voted within the top 5 Hilton properties within the UK & Ireland.
Hilton was voted #2 Great places to work in 2022. Our industry is all about people so we are serious about taking care of our team members and support their career ambitions in an individualised way. The Hilton London Canary Wharf has a solid track record in developing people at all levels for longer term careers. We also welcome those that are looking for flexibility around their lives outside of work with flexible hours and a range of contracts to suit.
A Receptionist provides reception services for Guests to contribute to an overall exceptional experience from check-in through check-out and complete audits, as required.
What will I be doing?
- Achieve positive outcomes from Guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure an efficient reception experience for Guests, including check in/out, and complete audit procedures, as required
- Ensure that both the Front Office Manager and Reception Supervisors are kept fully aware of any relevant feedback from guests and, or, other departments
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service at all times
- Attend appropriate training courses, when required, and assist with the Night Team's training and development efforts
- Demonstrate a knowledge of hotel room categories, room rates, packages, promotions and other general product knowledge necessary to perform daily duties
- Maximize room occupancy and use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities
- Use the correct procedures regarding the acceptance of foreign currencies, credit cards and cash in accordance with the hotel credit policy
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Act in accordance with policies and procedures when working with front of house equipment and property management systems
- Follow company brand standards
- Assist other departments, as necessary
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience in a customer-focused industry
- Completed high school certificate or equivalent
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- Competent level of IT proficiency
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience in cash handling
- Competitive Salary
- Referral Bonus
- Go Hilton travel program
- Incentive programs / Bonus
- Holiday allowance that increases with length of service
- Sick pay that increases with length of service
- Opportunity to enrol in an apprenticeship
- Meals on duty
- Uniform provided / Laundry service dependent on role