We are looking to hire a Project Procurement Coordinator within Hilton Supply Management (HSM) on a permanent basis. In addition to providing support services to the department, this role will be instrumental in supporting HSM with all aspects of project management, as well as strategic sourcing activity for fixtures, fittings and equipment (FF&E) and operating systems and equipment (OS&E). This role offers extensive opportunity for career progression, and would suit someone who is eventually looking to move into either Buying or Project Management within hotel procurement.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it's with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What is HSM?
Hilton Supply Management provides value-based procurement solutions within the global hotel industry. Leveraging the power of over 4,500 hotels within the Hilton portfolio of brands, HSM negotiates and implements contracts and agreements with hundreds of suppliers of hospitality products and services. We benchmark and identify suppliers, products and services that best drive value to Hilton's portfolio of hotels.
What will I be doing?
Main accountabilities for the Project Procurement Coordinator role can be broken down as follows;
• Interpreting and converting detailed interior design and OS&E specifications for review, and submitting to suppliers for quotation.
• Offering guidance on technical knowledge and brand standards to key stakeholders.
• Researching, extracting data and preparing reports relating to bids, variances to budget, delivery schedules, goods received, cash flow forecasts and payment requests
• Raising purchase orders, checking for accuracy at all stages.
• Monitoring shipments and verifying that products are delivered and installed on time, and to the required standard.
• Providing finance with the necessary information to ensure invoicing and payment accuracy.
• Attending supplier meetings and factory visits as required.
• Working with suppliers, manufacturers and cross-functional teams to organise product sampling, testing and review.
• Assisting with development, negotiations and analysis of bids for FF&E and OS&E purchasing programmes.
• Forecasting and documenting cost savings and cost avoidance through negotiations and value engineering activities
• Maintaining and updating the approved supplier list and product data files.
• Researching new industry trends, evaluating new products and their potential application to our brands.
• Providing exceptional customer service to all internal and external stakeholders.
What are we looking for?
This is a junior level position that would ideally suit a recent graduate with a small amount of procurement experience. The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and/or experience;
• Educated to degree level in Interior Design, Hospitality Management, Mathematics or a Business related discipline, or with equivalent experience in lieu thereof.
• Must be able to demonstrate some experience or working knowledge of procurement (including contract management and pricing) in a corporate setting.
• Intention to study or partial accreditation in CIPS would be highly desirable, although not essential.
• Strong mathematical skills, with the ability to calculate percentage discounts, net weighted averages and comparative figure analysis.
• Must be an advanced user of MS Excel, up to and including V Look ups and Pivot Tables. Macros experience would be beneficial although not essential.
• Proficient with MS Word, PowerPoint and Outlook, with the ability to pick up a range of new systems quickly.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Effective communication skills, with the ability and confidence to put forward ideas clearly and concisely.
• Must be able to commit to some UK and European travel as required.
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee, you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria and would like to be considered for this vacancy then please apply with a copy of your CV (written in English) on or before 19th August, 2018 and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with a response in due course.