London (Greater London) Hotels - Restaurants
The Waldorf Hilton London is an iconic & historic London hotel built in the late 1800, located in Aldwych.
The hotel features 298 Guest Rooms, including 19 suites. Blending Edwardian “Du Siecle” with modern comfort. Our hotel sits in the center of London’s glitzy theatre district, just a few minutes’ walk from Covent Garden, The Royal Opera House and Trafalgar Square.
Guests of this hotel will experience first-class service, distinguished by an unrivalled commitment to a personalised approach. We ensure a comfortable, luxurious stays all our guests, with guidance on locally immersive experiences where desired.
Homage’s restaurant and Décor pays tribute to the Grand Cafés of Europe Renaissance, offering a high standard of Modern British Food. Good Godfrey’s bar & Lounge offers crafty & cosmopolitan cocktails as well as canapés and light bites.
- Free meals on duty
- Travel and food discounts: - 30 hotel nights from £45 per night plus 50% off F&B (subject to individual outlets)
- Holiday: 28 daysincluding bank holidays (increasing yearly)
- Pension scheme
- Discounted dental and health cover
- High street discounts: with Perks at Work
- Free uniforms
- Grow your career: access to a network of 6500+ hotels across 100+ countries (subject to local right to work rules)
- Personal Development: programmes designed to support your career
Salary: £26,000 to £26,700 a year – 39 hours a week
PPM Engineer (Plan, Preventative & Maintenance Engineer)
A PPM Engineer will support the Engineering Team to efficiently maintain all hotel operations such that safety, security, conversation, and compliance are ensured at the highest levels.
What will I be doing?
As Engineer/Technician, you will support the Engineering Team to ensure that engineering and maintenance operations within the hotel, including general property maintenance energy conservation, are working properly and to standard. You are also responsible for the development of the Engineering Team and staying abreast of compliance regulations and procedures in the field of Engineering, as required for hotel standards. Specifically, an Engineer will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Perform day-to-day routine and preventative maintenance within the hotel rooms
- Respond promptly and efficiently to any maintenance calls that arise
- Execute the preventative maintenance schedule and ensure all equipment and designated areas are maintained to the required standard
- Assist in the implementation of energy conservation program
- Recommend maintenance system improvements and energy savings
- Maintain all tools, equipment, and working areas in good condition
- Keep your technical training knowledge and skills up to date
What are we looking for?
An Engineer/Technician serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- A certificate in a specialized field such as Electrical, Mechanical, Refrigeration, Carpentry, or Plumbing, required
- Current working knowledge of general maintenance and engineering work
- Experience in the Maintenance Department of a large hotel, hospital, ship, and/or restaurant complex or similar
- Strong work ethic
- A passion for delivering great customer service
- Ability to work without close supervision and within established timeframes
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL IS WHO WE ARE, AND WE ARE HILTON!
Hospitality Integrity Leadership Teamwork Ownership Now
The most recognized name in the industry, Hilton remains synonymous with the word “hotel.” From inaugural balls and Hollywood awards galas to business events and days to remember, Hilton is where the world makes history, closes the deal, toasts special occasions and gets away from it all.
Find out more about all our brands and hotels - Hilton Brands | Global Hospitality Company