Looking to join a culture of excellence as a Laundry Assistant and be part of the most recognised name in the hospitality industry?
“We are Hilton! We are Hospitality!”
We create heartfelt experiences for our guests and meaningful opportunities for our Team Members. Achieving consistently the title of “Great places to work”, this is not just a job – we offer you a journey of self-discovery, growth and an exceptional career.
Why join the Hilton family as a Laundry Assistant?
· “It's your world”– Your next role could be as an Assistant Head Housekeeper or why not move into a different department like Front Office, Accounts or Human Resources in over 100 different countries
· Personal Development programmes for Room Attendants, Supervisors and Managers
· Worldwide travel perks - up to 30 nights at discounted rates and 50% F&B discounts
· Industry leading benefits including contributory pension scheme, discounted dental and health cover, and high street discounts
· 28 days holidays including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
· Complimentary meals on duty and uniforms provided
What will I be doing?
As a Laundry Assistant, you are responsible for ensuring that linen is available for all departments as requested to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Laundry Assistant is also required to maintain cleanliness of the linen room and take receipt of stock. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Ensure Linen is available for all departments as requested
· Ensure quality controls are in place for all linen processes, rejecting any exceptions
· Maintain cleanliness of the Linen Room
· Carrying out stock takes as requested
· Ensure par stocks are maintained
· Take receipt of stock and ensure safe storage
· Manage customer service issues quickly and effectively
· Oversee the issuing of linen via a requisition system
· Ensure team members adhere to all Health and Safety Regulations
· Carry out any other reasonable task set by the hotel's management
Ideal candidate profile
What are we looking for?
A Laundry Assistant serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
· Positive attitude
· Good communication skills
· Ability to work under pressure
· Ability to work on their own or in teams
· Flexibility to work late shifts
· Methodical and well organised
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
· Previous hotel or laundry experience
To apply for this role:
· We are looking to fill this job as soon as possible and aim to come back to you within the next 2 weeks. If you are successful, you will be invited for an interview followed by a trial shift.
· In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we do require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage
· Please notify us if you have any criminal convictions or cases pending