A Porter welcomes Guests, assists with arrival and departure procedures, offers current information to Guests as requested, and escorts Guests and messages for Guests to and from Guest rooms and other hotel areas.
What will I be doing?
As a Porter, you will serve on the Guest Services and Front Office Teams to meet Guest needs upon arrival and departure and to provide a comfortable stay for Guests by accommodating requests for information and assistance throughout the hotel. A Porter will complete the following tasks:
· Welcome Guests on arrival and assist them during their stay
· Manage Guest luggage
· Show guests to their rooms and explain the amenities and emergency procedures
· Receive and deliver mail and messages for the hotel and Guests
· Prepare the lobby information board on a daily basis
· Maintain current information on all hotel services as well as external locations, attractions, and landmarks in the hotel vicinity
· Provide support to the Concierge as required in cases of emergency
· Project a professional manner with an emphasis on hospitality and Guest service