WELCOME TO A WORLD OF OPPORTUNITIES AT THE WORLD'S #1 BEST WORKPLACE, AWARDED BY GREAT PLACE TO WORK & FORTUNE - No two days or two hotels are the same, but our spirit and passion for hospitality always brings all our teams together to create a culture of inclusiveness, positivity and drive to achieve our common goal. “To share the light and warmth of hospitality”. With amazing training, resources and support from both managers and colleagues, there is always an opportunity to develop and grow.
A WORLD OF REWARDS
- Hourly Rate of £11.00 per hour
- Smart uniform provided andlaundered
- Free, healthy and high quality meals when on duty
- Grow your Career
- Personal Development programmes designed to support you at every step of your career
- A chance to make a difference through our Corporate Responsibility programmes – Find out what and how we are doing (https://cr.hilton.com)
- Team Member Travel Program: discounted hotel nights plus 50% off Food and Beverages (subject to individual outlets)
- Team Member Referral Program
- Discounted dental and health cover
- High street discounts: with Perks at Work
- Free car park
- Subsidised Taxi between 12am and 7am
- Holiday: 28 daysincluding bank holidays (increasing yearly to up to 33 days)
- Guest Experience Day: 1 night stay with breakfast and dinner
- Modern and inclusive Team Member’s areas
A Maintenance Assistant is responsible for carrying out appropriate maintenance work promptly and to the highest standards to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience.
What will I be doing?
As a Maintenance Assistant, you are responsible for carrying out appropriate maintenance work promptly and to the highest standards to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Maintenance Assistant will also be required to follow all company statutory and legal regulatory requirements during repairs. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Implement company statutory and legal requirements including fire, health and safety, hygiene, electricity at work, and all local by-laws
- Respond to all enquiries promptly
- Carry out maintenance repair work and ensure the appropriate PPE is worn during all repairs
- Maintain the green areas and car parks when applicable
- Follow planned preventative maintenance programmes
- Ensure good relationships with internal and external customers and contractors
- Ensure energy conservation initiatives are implemented
- Follow C.O.S.H.H regulations, in particular the storage of hazardous substances
- Attend additional training suitable to the role
What are we looking for?
A Maintenance Assistant serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work on their own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous maintenance experience including electrical, plumbing or painting and decorating
- Relevant qualifications for the role
EVERY JOB MAKES THE STAY.
At Hilton, It Matters Where You Stay, but The Stay is only one side of the story.
We know it takes hundreds of jobs to create unforgettable experiences for our guests – and behind every job, there’s an extraordinary person working to make each Stay magical. That’s why at Hilton, Every Job Makes the Stay.
Find out more about all our brands and hotels - Hilton Brands | Global Hospitality Company