Looking to join a culture of excellence and be part of the most recognised name in the hospitality industry?
“We are Hilton! We are Hospitality!”
We create heartfelt experiences for our guests and meaningful opportunities for our Team Members. Achieving consistently the title of “Great places to work”, this is not just a job – we offer you a journey of self-discovery, growth and an exceptional career.
Interested in learning more or to hear it straight from our team, click on the link below:
Why join the Waldorf Astoria family as a Laundry Porter?
· “It's your world” – Your next role could be as a Front Office Shift Leader or Supervisor, or why not move into a different department like Sales, Accounts or Human Resources in over 100 different countries
· Personal Development programmes for Receptionists, Shift Leaders and Managers.
· Worldwide travel perks - up to 30 nights at discounted rates and 50% F&B discounts
· Industry leading benefits including contributory pension scheme, discounted dental and health cover, and high street discounts
· 28 days holidays including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
· Complimentary meals on duty and uniforms provided
· Upselling incentives
What will I be doing?
As a Linen/Laundry Porter, you are responsible for supporting laundry operations and providing pressing, sewing, and other similar services to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Linen/Laundry Porter will also be required to manage and respond to guest requests. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Check uniforms for cleanliness and condition, carrying out minor repair work, if required
· Ensure support is provided to the laundry function when required
· Complete wash cycles, folding of linen and correct storage
· Manage guest requests in line with company brand standards and one call delivery deadline
· Greet guests in public areas and rooms in a warm and friendly manner
· Provide laundry, pressing, sewing, and other similar services to guests
· Ensure soiled and damaged linen is stored in soiled bags and disposed of correctly
· Maintain linen room and uniform store
· Ensure floors are stocked with the correct amount of each linen items
· Ensure chemicals are used and stored correctly
· Report maintenance and hazard issues
· Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation