A Linen/Laundry Porter is responsible for supporting laundry operations and providing pressing, sewing, and similar services to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience.
What will I be doing?
As a Linen/Laundry Porter, you are responsible for supporting laundry operations and providing pressing, sewing, and other similar services to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Linen/Laundry Porter will also be required to manage and respond to guest requests. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Check uniforms for cleanliness and condition, carrying out minor repair work, if required
· Ensure support is provided to the laundry function when required
· Complete wash cycles, folding of linen and correct storage
· Manage guest requests in line with company brand standards and one call delivery deadline
· Greet guests in public areas and rooms in a warm and friendly manner
· Provide laundry, pressing, sewing, and other similar services to guests
· Ensure soiled and damaged linen is stored in soiled bags and disposed of correctly
· Maintain linen room and uniform store
· Ensure floors are stocked with the correct amount of each linen items
· Ensure chemicals are used and stored correctly
· Report maintenance and hazard issues
· Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation