*** The location for this position is virtual/remote ***
From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to Hilton Smart Rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature, and lighting controls, Hilton’s Global Technology team is responsible for creating the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners, and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
As the Mobile Accessibility Manager/Lead, you will implement and manage an accessibility program for our Android and iOS Hilton Honors mobile applications. You will participate in our digital technology delivery efforts serving as the advocate for our guests with disabilities (vision, hearing, motor, cognitive, etc.) You will possess a deep understanding of accessibility standards and practices utilized to achieve compliance with the accessibility standards published by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). You will build rich, accessible experiences for guests of all abilities throughout their journey with Hilton.
More specifically, you will:
· Execute accessibility strategy set forth by program’s director.
· Support mobile product delivery teams in efforts to ideate, design, develop, test, deliver and maintain target accessibility standards.
· Implement accessibility testing methods, and success metrics toward continuous accessibility conformance.
· Drive the development of process and practice documentation along with compliance reporting.
· Monitor program maturation, assessing risk, and communicating program compliance progress to stakeholders and accessibility director.
· Build accessibility subject matter expertise and stay up-to-date on assistive technology, native platform accessibility and new standards developments.
· Review UX Designs (i.e., wireframes, visual designs, and interaction patterns) and provide mentorship to the team on the recommended remedies for delivering at the highest compliance level possible.
· Identify and deliver on demand training to improve the team’s abilities to deliver accessible digital experiences.
· Seek opportunities to incorporate and extend existing innovative accessibility features that bridge the digital and physical experiences of hotel guests with disabilities.
· Lead and mentor accessibility analyst(s) in day-to-day work.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking problem solvers who are passionate about growing in a dynamic industry and who love to combine their analytical skills with intuition for business. We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
· Good communication skills and ability to influence at all levels of the organization
· Independent problem solver who shows ability to work with limited supervision and contribute collaboratively as part of a team
· A self-starter who exhibits initiative, drive and dependability
· Strong strategic and critical thinking skills, asking impactful and relevant questions while understanding a sense of urgency and prioritization
· Exercises good judgment and the ability to manage competing priorities
· Resolves issues effectively and creatively as a general problem solver, while maintaining a high level of flexibility, professionalism, and integrity
· Process driven and organizational skills
· Navigates comfortably around unstructured challenges and models, influences, and inspire others to drive accessible product delivery
· Previous experience working directly with people who have a disability or has a lived experience
· Advanced knowledge of WCAG 2.X
· Solid understanding of native app development strategies familiar with the accessibility tools and frameworks on iOS and Android
· High proficiency with TalkBack, VoiceOver, and accessibility features of mobile devices
· Familiarity with the American’s with Disabilities Act and international accessibility laws and mandates
· Deep understanding of accessibility and usability principles that impact users with disabilities
· Hands on experience with other assistive technology including screen magnification, alternative keyboard inputs, switch devices, etc.
· Hands on experience testing/conducting accessibility audits for native platforms
· Ability to provide technical assistance and remediation guidance to cross departmental teams
· Experience with automated accessibility testing tools for native platforms
· Knowledge of Agile methodologies and hands on experience with JIRA and Confluence
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
· Seven (7) years of professional work experience in Technology or related field
· Five (5) years of experience in the accessibility discipline
· Three (3) years of project management experience
· Hold an active CPACC certification
· Able to travel – up to 10%
It would be useful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
· Bachelor’s Degree, or Associate’s Degree plus 8+ years of Technology related experience, or High School Degree/GED plus 15+ years of Technology related experience
· Nine (9) years of professional work experience in Technology or related field
· Ten (10) years of experience in the accessibility discipline
· Five (5) years leading people or projects
What is it like working for Hilton?
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton : a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands . Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog and Instagram to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of his or her role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For Colorado applicants only: The annual salary range for this role starts at $81,000 and is based on applicable and specialized experience and location. Hilton offers its eligible team members a comprehensive benefits package including medical and prescription drug coverage, dental coverage, vision coverage, life insurance, short-and long-term disability insurance, a 401(k) savings plan, paid time off, and our travel discount. Subject to plan terms and conditions, you will be eligible to participate in the Hilton Annual Incentive (Bonus) Plan consistent with other team members at the same level and/or position within the Company.