A Porter carries out general cleaning duties and the operation of pot-washing machinery to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while ensuring all back of house areas are kept clean and safety guidelines are observed.
What will I be doing?
As a Porter, you are responsible for carrying out general cleaning duties and operating pot-washing machinery to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Porter will also be required to ensure all back of house areas are kept clean, and observe COSHH and health and safety guidelines. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Operate pot-washing machinery and maintain a hygienic working environment in accordance with hygiene regulations and company standards
· Carry out general cleaning as directed to include sweeping, mopping up, washing up, and emptying of rubbish bins and boxes ensuring placement in the correct containers
· Ensuring that all kitchen and back of house areas are kept clean and all equipment within the kitchen area is cleaned in accordance with the cleaning schedule
· Ensure the correct PPE is in place and guidelines are adhered to
· Observe COSHH guidelines when handling hazardous substances and comply with all aspects of Health and Safety requirements
· Report any maintenance and, or, hazard issues to the supervisor on duty
· Carry out any other reasonable task set by the Hotel's Management