Main Purpose of Job Responsible for the production, preparation and quality of all food services for Turner Contemporary Café and catering functions.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
General Kitchen & Staff Management
· Ensure the efficient and smooth running of the kitchen.
· Promote and maintain good working relationships throughout the catering team.
· Carry out, monitor and ensure effective recording of staff training.
· Undertake a mentoring and coaching role to support the development of all members of the catering team.
· Undertake induction training for all new staff in the department.
· Undertake training as agreed to enhance and improve personal skills and knowledge.
Food Purchasing & Cost Control
· Ensure that details of all orders are recorded according to set procedures.
· Ensure that orders are placed on time and are accurate to the needs of the business.
· Ensure that stock levels are kept at agreed levels so that groceries are fresh and frozen products are used quickly and rotated in a systematic way.
· Check deliveries on receipt ensuring that faulty items are returned, ensuring that the relevant paperwork is received and processed. Issues items to kitchen team as required.
· Ensure that an effective stock rotation procedure is adhered to at all times and assist in the monthly stocktake with the Head Chef and Catering Manager.
· Demonstrate and maintain high standards of cooking to meet and exceed
· customer and Turner Contemporary expectations.
· Ensure that high levels of customer service are maintained at all times.
Menu Planning & Food Production
· Produce and present food, keeping abreast of current trends and wherever possible exceeding customer expectations.
· Assist the Head Chef to devise and plan menus for all customers including events and conference meals taking into account the varied requirements of the organisations and individuals, including special diets.
· Cost all menus and special events requirements using the most up-to-date
· ingredient costs and according to agreed formula.
· Manage the production and planning of dishes in accordance with agreed
· procedures based on an analysis of customer numbers.
· Take action to minimise wastage at all stages of food production implementing controls, keeping records and making reports as required.
· Instil into the kitchen a culture of essential hygiene practices connected with storage, cooking and storage of food; the importance of clean, tidy and hygienic working practice such as use of knives, chopping boards, table surfaces etc.
· Lead by example in observing the rules concerning personal hygiene and appearance.
Health & Safety
· Monitor all activities in line with the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point approach.
· Assist in the regular review of COSHH and hazard risk assessments.
· Ensure compliance with all food hygiene regulations are adhered to within the kitchen environment in accordance with Health & Safety regulations.
· Cover some aspects of the role of the Catering Manager as appropriate and as directed.
· Any other reasonable duties as requested by the Head Chef or Catering Manager.