Junior Sous Chef
London (Greater London) Hotels - Restaurants
Junior Sous Chef – The Waldorf Hilton London
The Waldorf Hilton London is an iconic & historic London hotel built in the late 1800, located in Aldwych.
The hotel features 298 Guest Rooms, including 19 suites. Blending Edwardian “Du Siecle” with modern comfort. Our hotel sits in the center of London’s glitzy theatre district, just a few minutes’ walk from Covent Garden, The Royal Opera House and Trafalgar Square.
Guests of this hotel will experience first-class service, distinguished by an unrivalled commitment to a personalised approach. We ensure a comfortable, luxurious stays all our guests, with guidance on locally immersive experiences where desired.
Homage’s restaurant and Décor pays tribute to the Grand Cafés of Europe Renaissance, offering a high standard of Modern British Food. Good Godfrey’s bar & Lounge offers crafty & cosmopolitan cocktails as well as canapés and light bites.
A chance to make a difference through our Corporate Responsibility programmes – Find out what and how we are doing (https://cr.hilton.com)
High street discounts: with Perks at Work
Team Member Travel Program: discounted hotel nights plus 50% off Food and Beverages (subject to individual outlets)
Holiday pay increasing with length of service
Team Member Referral Program
Healthy meals provided
Laundry service and full provision of uniform
£14.80 an hour - 39 hours a week (Time and Half Overtime + Service charge)
A Junior Sous Chef is responsible for contributing to menu creation and managing and training the kitchen brigade to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while managing food cost controls.
What will I be doing?
As a Restaurant Junior Sous Chef, you are responsible for contributing to menu creation and managing and training the kitchen brigade to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Restaurant Junior Sous Chef will also be required to manage food cost controls. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Contribute to menu creation
- Manage and train the kitchen brigade effectively to ensure a well-organised and motivated team
- Ensure consistency in quality of dishes at all times
- Manage customer relations when necessary, in the absence of the Junior Sous Chef
- Ensure resources meet business needs through the effective management of working rotas
- Support brand standards through the training and assessment of your team
- Manage food cost controls to contribute to Food and Beverage revenue
- Knowledge of activities in other departments and implications
- Ensure compliance with food hygiene and Health and Safety standards
What are we looking for?
A Junior Sous Chef serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Strong Chef de Partie or previous Junior Sous Chef Experience
- Approaches food in a creative way
- Strong supervisory skills
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Willingness to learn
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL IS WHO WE ARE, AND WE ARE HILTON!
The most recognized name in the industry, Hilton remains synonymous with the word “hotel.” From inaugural balls and Hollywood awards galas to business events and days to remember, Hilton is where the world makes history, closes the deal, toasts special occasions and gets away from it all.
Find out more about all our brands and hotels - Hilton Brands | Global Hospitality Company