Start Date: August 2022
Duration: 12 Months
Location: Hampton by Hilton Bristol Airport
Why Work for Hilton?
Hilton is one of the largest and fastest growing hospitality companies in the world, with more than 6,500 properties in 119 countries. In the 102 years since our founding, we have defined the hospitality industry and established a portfolio of 18 world-class brands, including our flagship Hilton Hotels & Resorts brand, which is the most recognised hotel brand in the world.
We were recently recognised as the No.1 Workplace in the UK by Great Place to Work, and for the last five years we have been voted by UK students as the most popular Graduate Recruiter in the Hospitality, Leisure and Tourism sector.
A bit about the job
A Guest Service Intern is responsible for welcoming guests and working in the Front Office Department during your placement to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while managing guest queries.
What will I be doing?
· As a Guest Services Intern, you are responsible for welcoming guests and working in the Front Office department during your placement to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Guest Services Intern will also be required to manage guest queries. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Be the face of our hotel and ensure a memorable reception experience for Guests
· Provide a high level of customer service at all times
· Inform guests about hotel room categories, room rates, packages, promotions and other hotel facilities
· Maximize room occupancy and use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities
· As a Front Office Intern you will work 5 days per week, including, but not always, weekends and bank holidays. Shifts are usually from 7am until 3pm or from 3pm until 11pm.
What are we looking for?
· Positive attitude and someone who makes our guests smile
· Genuinely friendly and caring
· Enjoys working as part of a team
· Good communication and personal presentation
· Attention to detail
· Competent level of IT proficiency
· Resilient and can work under pressure
· The internship is for a 12 month fixed term period.
Hilton Work Perks
In addition to a competitive salary you will receive a range of excellent benefits - probably the best of which is our Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program. This provides you with access to heavily reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends. Perfect for the holiday savvy intern!
If you would like to be considered for this internship please ensure that you submit your application (in English) on or before August 6th, 2021. Please bear with us whilst we process your application as we receive a lot of interest and we want to ensure that each applicant is given the consideration he/she deserves.
You’ll be contacted via email by our Graduate Recruitment Team who will inform you of the outcome and (if applicable) next steps. If your application is taken forward, you will be asked to complete a series of online assessments and a video interview.
Beyond the Internship
Whilst we are not always able to guarantee an offer of employment at the end of your studies, we like to keep in touch with our intern community and many have successfully re-joined Hilton upon completion of their degree. To give you a few examples, we currently have former interns working for us in Finance, Marketing, Sales, HR, Procurement… The list goes on!