A Guest Service Agent will be responsible for the check-in and check-out process as well as answer general questions regarding local entertainment, hotel hours of operation, services and facilities, and assisting with any other guest requests.
The Guest Service Agent reports directly to the Front Office Manager.
What will I be doing?
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities
· Greet and escort guests promptly to their rooms, eloquently suggesting appropriate, personalized recommendations of the property based on the distinctness of the guest and their visit
· Handle cash drawer properly as outlined in the Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas cash drawer policy
· Check cash float at the beginning and end of each shift to ensure at all times that amounts are correct
· Communicate clearly with the Night Auditor and Finance, including accurately posting transactions and maintaining paperwork according to standard
· Demonstrate teamwork by cooperating with and assisting team members as needed
· Address special guest preferences recorded in guest history profiles, ensure any learned preferences are properly recorded
· Stay current with developments and procedures in the hotel by attending daily front office briefings and reviewing the front office communications board regularly
· Be aware of and able to provide general information regarding events in the city within the next several days. Be able to make several personalized recommendations for dining, including the ability to describe in-house menus. Ability to describe the essence and unique features of the spa
· Receive complaints with empathy, keeping the guest's perspective in mind, responding urgently and appropriately, including immediate notification of the duty manager or the next available manager
· Be able to offer alternatives to guests and team members, instead of saying “no”
· Provide quality service with team members to the guests by responding to requests promptly, efficiently and courteously during check-in, check-out and throughout the guest's experience
· Arrange fulfillment of guest services by working with the concierge, housekeeping, PBX, personal concierge, reservations and room service team members
· Handle guests incoming and outgoing correspondence, (facsimile, messages, mail, etc.)
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of all guest information and pertinent hotel data
· Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the Front Office Manager or Duty Manager
· Be able to perform rotational phone coverage, acting as call center agent for a full 8 hour shift
· Able to escort guests to their rooms in full compliance with property policies and standards, including gratuity policy
· Able to work a flexible schedule, including overnight shifts
· Strong written and communication skills in the English language.
· Basic computer and typing skills.
· Able to multi-task and remain composed at all times.
· Strong desire to provide excellent guest service.
· The ability to work well in a team environment.
· Able to stand for extended periods of time.
· Flexible schedule required to meet the demands of a 24 hour operation, which includes weekends, overnight, and holidays.
· Professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
· Strong demonstrated ability to handle cash and financial transactions.
· Two years experience within a luxury hotel operation.
· Prior experience in a Front Desk position would be advantageous.
· Additional languages are advantageous.
· Graduate of Hotel School or related college degree.
· First Aid and CPR qualifications
Each of the items listed is considered an essential function of the position. However, the duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be broad based and high level and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all roles or responsibilities for the position. The Company reserves the right to alter the duties and responsibilities of the position.
It is Company policy to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including by providing reasonable accommodations that do not constitute an undue hardship on the Company. Employees or applicants should direct requests for accommodation to Director of Human Resources.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
· Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
· Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
· Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
· Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
· Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
· Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
· Customer Focus
· Adaptability What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!