A Guest Service Agent - Overnight provides night-hour reception services for Guests to contribute to an overall exceptional experience from check-in through check-out and complete audits, as required.
What will I be doing?
As Guest Service Agent - Overnight, you will provide night-hour reception services for Guests to contribute to an overall exceptional experience from check-in through check-out and complete audits, as required. A Guest Service Agent - Ovenright contributes to the first impressions of our Guests and, therefore, must perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Achieve positive outcomes from Guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
· Ensure an efficient reception experience for Guests, including check in/out, and complete audit procedures, as required
· Ensure that both the Night Manager and Night Reception Supervisors are kept fully aware of any relevant feedback from guests and, or, other departments
· Demonstrate a high level of customer service at all times
· Attend appropriate training courses, when required, and assist with the Night Team's training and development efforts
· Demonstrate a knowledge of hotel room categories, room rates, packages, promotions and other general product knowledge necessary to perform daily duties
· Maximize room occupancy and use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities
· Use the correct procedures regarding the acceptance of foreign currencies, credit cards and cash in accordance with the hotel credit policy
· Act in accordance with policies and procedures when working with front of house equipment and property management systems
· Manage Guest luggage
· Show guests to their rooms and explain the amenities and emergency procedures
· Receive and deliver mail and messages for the hotel and Guests
· Prepare the lobby information board on a daily basis
· Maintain current information on all hotel services as well as external locations, attractions, and landmarks in the hotel vicinity
· Provide support to the Concierge as required in cases of emergency
· Follow company brand standards
· Assist other departments, as necessary
· Carry out general cleaning as directed to include sweeping, mopping up, washing up, and emptying of rubbish bins and boxes ensuring placement in the correct containers
· Report any maintenance and, or, hazard issues to the supervisor on duty - Carry out any other reasonable task set by the Hotel's Management
· Assist with maintaining general hotel saftey and security
What are we looking for?
Guest Service Agent-Overnight serving Hilton brands are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
· Previous experience in a customer-focused industry
· Positive attitude and good communication skills
· Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
· Excellent grooming standards
· Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
· Competent level of IT proficiency
· Flexibility to work night shifts
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
· Previous experience in cash handling
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!