With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
Hilton Reservations and Customer Care (HRCC) is on a path to revolutionize human hospitality in a digital world, the same way we defined hospitality from its early beginnings. We strive to deliver personalized solutions that inspire a passion for travel, and our goal is to make a lasting impression with every Hilton guest with whom we interact.
The Guest Engagement Specialist will engage directly with Hilton guests as a specialist in sales, reservations and customer service, through several channels, such as Phone, WeChat, Fliggy, Email and China applications. The Guest Engagement Specialist will either work-from-home or work onsite with Hilton’s reservation, sales and customer support teams and he / she possess strong communication skills that can easily switch focus from solving problems to selling Hilton.
This role will serve as the first point of contact with our customers, having conversations with customers to understand their needs, answer questions, and provide personalized solutions. This means being able to perform various roles, based on training provided. This includes (but not limited to) advising, selling, responding to inquiries / requests, and resolving customers’ issues / complaints. Besides the reactive response to customers’ needs, he / she is empowered to gather the voice of customers and classify data in different categories, participating in process improvement and customer engagement programs. Every contact is an opportunity to build trust with our guests and convert every customer into a lifetime Hilton guest.
What will I be doing?
A Guest Engagement Specialist will live our Hilton values and HRCC tenets at every touchpoint and will be empowered to create an effortless experience by providing the right solution(s) for each customer. You will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Deliver excellent service by answering customers’ inquiries throughout your shift in a friendly, timely, and consultative manner, using discovery principles to uncover customer needs and match appropriate Hilton offerings or solutions.
· Develop an understanding of Hilton and partner offerings (e.g. timeshares, car rentals, credit card, etc.), and utilize that knowledge to maximize revenue through consultative selling.
· Demonstrate competency proficiency and meet specific sales and customer service goals and metrics daily. Examples of required metrics and competencies include customer satisfaction scores, revenue generated per call, upselling, cross-selling, first-call resolution, communication, good judgment, and customer focus.
· Demonstrate a high-level of accountability and engagement by identifying areas of opportunity to improve customer experience and drive recommendations / solutions that improve every interaction.
· Display an ability to tactfully acknowledge service failures and identify service recovery options in order to maintain customer loyalty.
· Build appropriate connections and trust with the customer to effectively counteract objections through negotiating and / or upselling and cross-selling.
· Utilize various resources that provide information on the property (e.g. location, promotions, transportation, etc.) to offer clear and accurate details to customers.
· Effectively use tools to respond to customer inquiries, including (but not limited to) reservation requests, Hilton Honors account / promotional information, service / stay related concerns, etc.
· Be receptive to feedback and apply performance improvement suggestions quickly.
· Support social media or non-voice channels like Fliggy / mailroom / live chats.
· Take other assignments from DC and the Management team when necessary.
· Flexible with work schedule and work hours based on business and customer needs such as on nights when the department is open, weekends and holidays.
· Be present and available to take calls during all scheduled shifts, additional hours may be required with advance notice during peak volume, and during slower volume, there may be the option for team members to schedule fewer hours.
· Attend and actively participate in virtual training sessions, including timely and 100% completion of self-paced training modules.
· Regular and punctual attendance, in conformance with the standards established by HRCC, is critical to the successful performance of this position.
· Effective time management and able to work independently in a work-from-home or onsite environment.
What are we looking for?
A Guest Engagement Specialist serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
· Minimum of BA / BS
· MA preferred
· 3 years of experience in a consultative customer service oriented and / or sales role
· 1 year of successfully meeting specific metrics /goals in a performance-driven role, including high customer satisfaction scores, negotiating, overcoming objections, and / or upselling and cross-selling
· Able to think and act independently, use good judgement, and build rapport with customers
· Deliver great customer experiences, thrive in a virtual environment, and are invigorated by constant personal interaction
· Willing to learn and embrace Hilton values and HRCC tenets, which guide our unique style of service
· Take ownership, accountability, and initiative
· High-energy, positive, and have excellent communication and active listening skills, including speaking, reading, and writing fluently in English
· Possess strong sales and service skills and can influence customers
· Able to support a flexible working schedule
· Capable of setting up job-related computer equipment, run various computer programs, troubleshoot, and fix issues independently
· Accountable for downtime related to technology issues and for reporting outages in a timely manner
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
· Fluent in English
· Good communication and Microsoft Office skills
· Prior experience in the hospitality industry
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!