Part of Crimson Hotels, The Trafalgar St. James, Curio Collection by Hilton is a 5 Star hotel with 131 bedrooms including 3 signature suites, and a number of venues consisting of our unique Rooftop bar and Rockwell that pride themselves in the quality of service that they provide.
As a Groups, Conferences & Events (GCE) Sales Manager, you will play a vital role in driving revenue by effectively managing group, conference, and event department. You will work closely with internal teams, 3rd party suppliers, and participate in promotional activities to enhance our group and event offerings.
You will also - but not be limited to:
- Ensure the Group, Conference, and Events (GCE) Sales Team Members are developed effectively and generate a culture of high-quality standards for relationship building, customer service, selling techniques, and billing and processing contracts
- Review business plans identify gaps and ensure proactive efforts to fill capacity and meet set targets
- Contribute to the selling strategy of the hotel, and manage the departments' adherence to achieving that strategy
- Understand the competitive market place and implement approaches to ensure the hotel stays ahead in the local marketCritically evaluate and challenge all process in place across the department to see how we can optimise the process to improve customer experience and save time for the team.
- To ensure accurate communication across departments and with customers keeping them updated in a timely manner for effective service delivery.
- Keep track all of all special/key accounts regarding payment terms, contract details, pre-negotiated rates etc. and identify these accounts to Executives upon distribution of new inquiries.
- To lead and attend Hotel Familiarisation Trips with key accounts/stakeholders
- Participate in budget preparations annually
- Work together with the operations team to launch promotions, marketing activities and effective pricing
- Support and manage any adhoc requests from Management or key stakeholder
An ideal candidate for the role of Groups, Conferences and Events Sales Manager, is a person with a clear passion to go above and beyond our guests' expectations. You are able to use your intuition and creativity to deliver a wonderful experience for everyone. The ability to multitask and prioritise is important, as well as the ability to work well under pressure with a broad smile. You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, produce quality work and be flexible to work as per business needs.
Why join the Trafalgar St. James Team? Benefits and Perks.
As part of our team, you'll have access to a wide range and benefits, including:
- Health & Wellbeing Cash Plan
- Discount program for you, your friends & family to stay in over 7,200 Hilton portfolio of hotels around the world starting from £40 a night.
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Complimentary meals on duty
- Opportunities for internal career progression
- Dry cleaning and uniform laundering on duty
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Paid birthday day off
- Discounts in our F&B Outlets: Rockwell and Rooftop
- Cashback and discount platform for online and in-store shopping
Our team is very diverse. From newcomers making their way to the industry to some of the most experienced professionals in London. We promote a strong culture where quality interactions, excellent service and fun dominates our day to day. We describe ourselves as a brand personality. If these traits resonate with your own personality, then The Trafalgar St James is for you.
This job posting is for a position at a hotel that is owned and operated by an independent franchisee. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment practices, including recruiting, hiring, salary, benefits and compensation decisions, and the collection and processing of the personal data that you provide on this website. If you accept this position, you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Hilton. You will not be eligible from compensation or benefits from Hilton. You will be eligible for compensation or benefits only as may be provided to you by the independent franchisee.