From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is building the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
***The location for this position can be Dallas, TX or Memphis, TN.***
As the Global Associate Network Engineer, you will work closely with the Global Network Engineering on Corporate Office, network security and data center initiatives. You will document, support and finish all work you're doing for secured corporate networks. You will create positive partnerships with network engineers, various internal teams and external partners to achieve success. You will have the opportunity to grow and work with other technologies governed by the greater organization. You will need to have a solid understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware with an emphasis around security. You will also form relationships with 3rd partners to implement, administer, and solve network devices including firewalls, routers, and switches. A deep understanding of application transport and network infrastructure protocols is helpful.
More specifically, you will:
· Assist Network Engineers in the design of company networks and provide basic documentation (LAN, WLAN, WAN, Security).
· Perform general network design engineering level functions in support of a multi-site environment.
· Handle small projects understanding the interaction between wireless, voice, applications and network throughout the organization.
· Provide support in configuration, management and implementation of computer/network architecture environments.
· Demonstrate professional skill sets across multiple areas including Firewall, Route, and Switch.
· Work professionally and collaboratively with internal and external clients globally.
· Act as a point of escalation for troubleshooting scenarios.
· Coordinate with vendors to provide appropriate hardware to meet business requirements.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking problem solvers, who are passionate about growing in a dynamic industry and who love to combine their analytical skills with business knowledge. We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
· Interpersonal communicators, who will positively influence Hilton's clients and who will communicate effectively at all levels
· Collaborative, and organized teammates, who build positive relationships and trust
· Teammate, who works well with others, while employing diplomacy with internal and external clients on a global scale
· General knowledge with BGP, OSPF, Ethernet, MLAN/WAN/Security support knowledge and hands on experience with industry standards and best-practice design standards
· Working knowledge and experience with ITSM management tools like ServiceNow
· Excellent proficiency in computer skills (Excel, Word, Visio, Windows, etc.)
· PLS, VPN, SNMP, and 802.11x protocols with routers, switches and firewalls
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
· Two (2) years of experience in Technology or related field
· Licenses or certificates required: CCNA, PCCSA, CMNO OR three (3) years of Industry related experience
· Willingness to travel up to 10%
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
· Bachelor's Degree OR Associate's Degree plus six (6) years of Technology related experience OR High School Diploma/GED plus twelve (12) years of Technology related experience
· Five (5) years of experience in Technology or related field
· PCNSA Certification What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!