***This position can sit in Dallas, TX or Memphis, TN or Remotely, except within the state of Colorado***
From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature, and lighting controls, Hilton’s Global Technology team is responsible for creating the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners, and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Software Engineer, you will be working with the Senior Manager of Software Engineering as part of a team to develop and lead digital assets for Hilton websites and services. You will be encouraged to work within an agile framework and collaborate with different Hilton teams such as our creative, technical and product leads on targeted features and functions allowing Hilton to maintain its position as a leader in hospitality. Interested in learning more? Read on!
· Develop and deliver front-end assets for Hilton's websites, including the following tasks: component development, writing unit tests, bug fixes, keeping compliance with accessibility standards, adding to state management of the web application, and other support functions within the technical stack as needed.
· Offer mentorship and guidance to help define requirements and implement solutions that meet business goals
· Establish relationships and contacts within the organization to ensure multi-functional alignment to ensure a deep understanding of feature requests.
· Proactively fill gaps throughout the development cycle to ensure Hilton teams meet delivery expectations.
· Lead and mentor other developers on the technology stack building up the core skill set to increase the velocity and efficiency of the teams.
· Follow the defined agile framework delivering industry-leading front-end web solutions with outstanding quality and performance.
· Research, share and implement new technologies to evolve the front-end stack and improve site performance.
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
· Experience using Git as version control with a team
· Working with teams in multiple locations and balance challenging demands
· Ability to cultivate procedural change while considering all team members and partners
· Can work in a dynamic environment with focus and precision
· Happy navigating through changing business, process, and capabilities, decisions, and directions
· Ability to be flexible, respond quickly and positively to changing requirements including the performance of any tasks requested of you and remain calm in difficult situations
· Communicators who will positively influence Hilton’s partners and who will communicate optimally at all levels
· Problem solvers who are flexible and creative in finding solutions for hard problems, exhibiting fine attention to details
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
· Five (5) years of experience in Technology or a related field
· One (1) year of React experience
· Experience supporting sites on different browsers, operating systems, and devices
· Knowledge of React-based patterns
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
· Bachelor’s Degree, or Associate’s Degree plus a minimum of six (6) years of Technology related experience, or High School Degree/GED plus a minimum of twelve (12) years of Technology related experience
· Seven (7) years of professional experience in Technology or a related field
· Two (2) years of experience working with React
· Experience with web accessibility including using screen readers
· Strong working knowledge of Atlassian Stack and agile methodologies
What is it like working for Hilton?
Hilton is the world’s leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For over a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of his or her role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.