The Hilton Omaha is looking to add a Front Desk Agent for our Front Office Team!
As a Manager in Training, you would be responsible for greeting, registering guests, and checking guests out of the hotel in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible to perform the following tasks to the highest standards in a Guest Service Agent role for approximately 34 hours out of your 42 hour work week working at the front desk.
What will I be doing?
- Greet guests and complete the registration process to include, but not limited to, inputting and retrieving information from the computer, confirmation of guest information and room rate, selection of rooms, coding electronic keys, promoting marketing programs, providing a welcome packet and ensuring guest knows location of room and/or has a bell person accompany him/her
-Uphold the highest standards in Hilton Honor’s enrollments, KIPSU text message communication/engagement, and Gener8 upselling
- Assist guests with check-out including, but not limited to, ensuring rooms and services are correctly accounted, using the point-of-sale system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards, accepting and recording various forms of payment, converting foreign currency, making change and processing gift certificates and cards
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of hotel information including, but not limited to, room categories, room rates, packages, promotions, the local area and other general product knowledge and answer guest questions and inquiries
- Use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities and to maximize room occupancy
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests and resolve issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Field guest complaints, conduct research and resolve and negotiate solutions for guest satisfaction
- Receive, input, retrieve and relay messages to guests
The additional 8 hours of your 42 hour work week, would be specifically dedicated to on the job rooms management leadership training to include the following:
-Profit and Loss statement review, department checkbook management, purchase order origination & receiving
-Revenue Management technique, skills, and processes including group block management
-Scheduling, utilizing our labor management system
-Housekeeping Cleanliness of Guest Rooms and Public Areas, to include supervision of the opening and closing of housekeeping daily operations
-Financial and Accounting department processes and analysis
-Bellstand, Shuttle, and Parking Operations
-Leading with hospitality and embracing our Hilton Value System
This is for a full time position that requires flexible availability and requires weekends and holidays. We offer benefits such as medical, dental, vision, 401k, extensive paid time off (22 days within 1 st year) travel discounts, tuition reimbursement, GED assistance, paid maternity leave, adoption assistance, free onsite parking, free gym membership, employee restaurant (free lunch every day) and so much more!
Hilton is ranked #1 by Fortune Magazine top 100 Best Companies to work for in the United States. What are you waiting for? Please read the information below, submit your application, and come join the Hilton family! Please apply below.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
· Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
· Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
· Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
· Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
· Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
· Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
· Customer Focus
· Adaptability What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!