With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travelers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
About DoubleTree by Hilton Karaka
Located in the beautiful rural town of Karaka, just 30 minutes south from Auckland city, the new DoubleTree by Hilton Karaka is part of the famous New Zealand Bloodstock Sales Centre; the country’s largest international thoroughbred auction venue. The hotel will feature 120 stylish guest rooms, including four spacious suites, a restaurant and bar, fully equipped gym, pool and two meeting rooms. The hotel will also have full access to Karaka Pavilion which encompasses four meeting and event spaces, accommodating events from 12 to 600 people.
About the role
As Front Office Manager, you will be responsible for managing the performance of Front Office operations by supporting your team with daily activities and ensuring brand service standards are met to the highest quality. You will provide exceptional service by engaging guests from arrival to departure, and respond to all requests, inquiries and complaints during their stay. You will enjoy working as part of a team in a fast-paced environment, on a rotating shift basis.
What will I be doing?
In your new role you will be responsible for:
· Manage and support daily Front Office Operations
· Manage, support and develop the Front Office team, ensuring that brand standards are met, and guest expectations are exceeded
· Handle guest requests, inquiries and complaints
· Maximise sales revenues through up selling and marketing programs within the department
· Monitor guest satisfaction reports and implement actions to improve results
· Set departmental objectives, work schedules and budgets
· Ensure your team maintains a professional manner and are up to date with VIP guest movements, hotel events, local attractions and activities
What are we looking for?
To successfully file this role, you will have the attitude, behaviours and values including:
· A degree or diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent experience
· A minimum of 3 years of Front Office supervisory experience in a similar size hotel
· Fluent in the English language in order to communicate professionally with guests and team members, both in person and over the telephone
· Excellent leadership, inter-personal, training and development skills
· A passion for delivering exceptional guest experiences
· Demonstrated ability to resolve problems and conflict, and work efficiently under pressure
· Be well-presented, organised and have a composed demeanour
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
As a Hilton team member, you can expect to receive:
· Comprehensive training and support for your new role
· Team member only discount global Hilton room rates
· Discounts of up to 25-50% on products and services in participating Hilton outlets
· Access to Hilton University training, offering more than 3000 learning programs
· Career development planning opportunities
Hilton was named the #1 Hotel chain in the Great Places to Work survey 2018