The stunning & newly renovated, Hilton San Diego Bayfront is looking for a Food Server to work in the Vela Restaurant!
· Earn a competitive wage of $12.00 per hour + tips!
· Scheduled shifts are within the hours of 6am until 2:30pm and also 5pm to 1:30am - availability required.
· This is a union role and typically is not full-time hours. We offer benefits (if eligible), including Paid Time Off, Team Member Travel Program, and other AWESOME Hilton Perks!
· Minimum of 1 year of previous food service experience required in fine dining.
· Availability to work weekdays, weekends, and holidays is required.
· Must have or be willing to obtain Food Handler's Certification at time of employment.
· Previous Point of Sales (POS) experience, preferred.
About The Restaurant
Latin for 'sail', Vela is the signature restaurant for the hotel and the centerpiece for our creative vision. Breathtaking views of the San Diego Bay are the best side dish to any breakfast. The Executive Chef David Scalise, has designed Vela's menu to be an experiential journey through Baja and the Mediterranean.
What will I be doing?
As a Food Server, you would be responsible for serving food and/or beverages to guests in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Respond to guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
· Ensure knowledge of menu and restaurant promotions and specials
· Take guest food and/or beverage orders and input orders in appropriate point-of-sale system
· Retrieve and deliver food and beverage orders in a timely manner
· Ensure guest satisfaction throughout the meal service
· Serve alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages in accordance with federal, state, local and company regulations
· Ensure serving station is well-stocked at all times
For more information on the property and restaurant(s), please visit:
Apply now! We look forward to your application.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
· Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
· Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
· Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
· Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
· Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
· Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
· Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Our guests already know Hilton is a great place to stay. Now, with recent awards, we are able to illustrate how great Hilton is to work!
#1 - Best Company to Work for 2019
#1 - Best Workplaces for Parents 2018
#1 - Best Workplaces for Diversity 2018
#2 - World's Best Workplaces 2018
#2 - Best Workplace for Millennials
Hilton takes great pride in achieving the title of “Great Place to Work” in over 13 countries worldwide. In 2019, Hilton made history as the first hospitality company to be ranked #1 on the Fortune Best Companies to Work For in the US! Come join us for our next 100 years of Hilton hospitality!