This role is only open to Australian residents or applicants who have full legal rights to work in Australia.
Visa sponsorship opportunities are not available.
DoubleTree by Hilton prides itself on the little details that have a big impact. That's why our team members around the world strive every day to bring each guest the special comforts and acts of kindness that are unique to the brand - starting with our signature warm DoubleTree cookie welcome. The DoubleTree by Hilton unique Brand Hospitality of CARE (Create A Rewarding Experience) is a primary reason we have been consistently recognised for our commitment to building a culture of service.
A Food & Beverage Supervisor, will oversee operations during the service period in their assigned outlet, and be responsible for engaging with our guests, supervising and supporting your team with daily activities whilst ensuring brand service standards are met.
Reporting into the Food & Beverage Operations Manager, this role will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Champion exceptional hospitality and ensure that it is part of all aspects of our operation;
· Oversee and get involved in the day-to-day service elements of food & beverage: opening & closing, ordering stock, preparation & service, upselling, handling cash and maintaining equipment;
· Assist with training and development activities, provide feedback on performance, support and guide team member's to thrive in their roles;
· Be driven and innovative; inspire the team to achieve targets and continuously look at ways to improve the service offering;
· Brief all on-shift team members on daily and upcoming happenings, special requests, and any potential issues before they arise;
· Assist the team in solving any guest issues or complaints, encouraging the use of initiative and departmental empowerment guidelines;
· Ensure shift team members are trained in and conduct themselves following hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety practices; and
· Collaborate with other departments to ensure seamless service delivery.
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
· Previous experience in an equivalent supervisory role within a hotel, restaurant or banqueting environment;
· Ability to work a rotating roster that includes weekdays, weekends, early starts and late-night shifts;
· A demonstrated history of working both unsupervised and as part of a team;
· Ability to deliver results under pressure and to time constraints;
· Flexibility to respond to a variety of different work situation;
· Completed AHA COVID-19 Hygiene Course;
· Australian National Police Clearance;
· Responsible Service of Alcohol qualification;
· Approved Manager and First Aid qualifications advantageous; and
· Hold unrestricted Australian Working Rights.
As part of our team, you can expect to receive: competitive industry wages, exclusive food & beverage and accommodation discounts, career development planning and opportunities, and an investment in your well being to include flexible working arrangements that support you in making space for what matters most.