With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
The Food & Beverage Sales Executive is responsible for proactively soliciting and managing restaurant sales-related opportunities. He / she actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunities through in-house as well as hot zone sales efforts and achieves personal and team related revenue goals. This role is responsible for driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience, providing service to customers in order to grow the business.
What will I be doing?
As the Food & Beverage Sales Executive, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Work collaboratively with the Sales & Marketing department to generate opportunities for new business.
• Build and strengthen relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings, including in-house promotions, sales calls, entertainment and an active involvement in restaurant service during peak hours.
• Develop relationships within the community to strengthen and expand customer base for restaurants’ sales opportunities.
• Manage and develop relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Drive in-house capture ratio by working closely with the Marketing Communications department to establish promotions.
• Actively be around in the hotel public areas to engage with guests and generate additional business.
• Develop, plan and execute all Food & Beverage promotions with the Operations and Commercial departments for both internal and external communications related promotions.
• Be an ambassador for the Dining Club Program, communicate and support the Sales team by driving sales and obtaining feedback on the program.
• Explore opportunities for hosting social events such as birthday parties, secretary parties and networking events in order to maximize revenue.
• Work with the Marketing Communication department on restaurant related promotional activities for hot zones near the hotel.
• Partner with Sales and Marketing Account Managers to visit potential accounts and drive restaurant business.
• Attend social functions in order to meet new business opportunities.
• Use negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to create additional restaurant business.
• Execute and support the operational aspects of business booked.
• Understand and create awareness of promotional activities of competition.
• Understand the overall market competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand, etc. and know how to sell against them.
• Close the best opportunities for the property based on market conditions and property needs.
• Monitor same day selling procedures to maximize restaurant revenue.
• Gain understanding of the property’s primary target customer and service expectations, serving customers by understanding their business, business issues and concerns.
• Act as the guest service role model for the restaurants, set a good example of excellent customer service and create a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Execute exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting customers and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their visit.
• Service customers in order to grow restaurant business.
• Meet with guests on an informal basis during meals or upon departure to obtain feedback on quality of food and beverage, service levels and overall satisfaction.
• During peak hours, help to execute service delivery in outlets to ensure excellent service from point of entry to departure.
• Set a positive example for guest relations.
• Interact with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Provide services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Serve customers by understanding their needs and recommending appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations.
• Work with the Hostess team to control and monitor restaurant reservation system and maintain restaurant database.
• Carry out other restaurant sales related responsibilities.
• Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• The Management reserves the right to make changes to this job description at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
What are we looking for?
A Food & Beverage Sales Executive serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
• Minimum 2 year of experience in a related field.
• High School diploma or GED.
• 2 years of experience in Food & Beverage, Sales, Marketing, Guest Services, or related professional area / 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major with no work experience required.
• Professional demeanour exhibiting behavioural styles that convey confidence and command respect from others, making a good first impression in alignment with the hotel’s values.
• Adaptability in maintaining performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
• Drive results by setting high standards of performance for self and / or others, assuming responsibility for work objectives, initiating, focusing, and monitoring the efforts of self and / or others towards the accomplishment of goals, proactively taking action and going beyond what is required.
• Build and contribute to the team by leading and participating as a member of the team, moving towards the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
• Interact with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
• Develop and sustain relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and acting consistently.
• Understand and utilize professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function specific work challenges.
• Ensure that efforts serve sales objectives, maximizing the productiveness of interactions by monitoring and building on customers’ cues.
• Support the Food & Beverage operation by engaging customers during visits in the restaurants, seeking and taking appropriate actions on customer feedback and taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
• Able to use basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, internet browsers, etc.).
• Able to read and understand work related documents.
• Able to communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!