With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travelers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
About DoubleTree by Hilton Karaka
Located in the beautiful rural town of Karaka, just 30 minutes south from Auckland city, the new DoubleTree by Hilton Karaka is part of the famous New Zealand Bloodstock Sales Centre; the country’s largest international thoroughbred auction venue. The hotel will feature 120 stylish guest rooms, including four spacious suites, a restaurant and bar, fully equipped gym, pool and two meeting rooms. The hotel will also have full access to Karaka Pavilion which encompasses four meeting and event spaces, accommodating events from 12 to 600 people.
About the role
As the Food & Beverage Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the successful running of the entire F&B Operation at DoubleTree by Hilton Karaka which includes the Farrier Restaurant, the Mane bar, In Room Dining, Event Operations, Pool Restaurant and the Team Member Restaurant. You will be required to actively drive revenue and create concepts to keep our F&B offerings on trend with the current market.
What will I be doing?
In your new role you will be responsible for:
· Responsible for all food and beverage service areas
· Build a cohesive engaged team by leading by example and being immerged in the operation
· Invest time in upskilling your team members to perform at their best
· Design and execute the annual event calendar for Farrier Restaurant and the Mane bar
· Define standards and processes that lead to an exceptional customer experience
· Work closely with the Executive Chef to ensure synergy between the food, dining and customer service
· Respond to guest complaints personally
· Review the daily financial performance of the entire F&B Operation
· Ensure operating and financial targets are met throughout the year
· Increase revenues through innovative promotions whilst driving customer loyalty
· Actively manage beverage and labour costs
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role you should have a passion for food, customer service and be a strong team player. In addition, should have the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values including:
· At least 2 years’ experience as a Restaurant Manager in a leading restaurant environment
· A passion for hospitality and delivering exceptional guest experiences
· Strong financial acumen, able to manage labour costs
· Demonstrated ability to resolve issues and conflict
· Work efficiently under pressure
· Well-presented, organised, positive and composed personality
· Team player
· Hotel experience will be highly regarded
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
As a Hilton team member, you can expect to receive:
• Comprehensive training and support for your new role
• Team member only discount global Hilton room rates
• Discounts of up to 25-50% on products and services in participating Hilton outlets
• Access to Hilton University training, offering more than 3000 learning programs
• Career development planning opportunities
Hilton was named the #1 Hotel chain in the Great Places to Work survey 2018