Looking to join a culture of excellence and be part of the most recognised name in the hospitality industry?
We create heartfelt experiences for our guests and meaningful opportunities for our Team Members. Achieving consistently the title of “Great places to work”, this is not just a job – we offer you a journey of self-discovery, growth and an exceptional career.
Interested in learning more or to hear it straight from our team, click on the link below:
Why join the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian ?
It's your world– Your next role could be as a Team Leader or Supervisor, or why not move into a different department like Front Office, Accounts or Human Resources in over 100 different countries.
Personal Development programmes for every level
Working in an environment where creativity is highly appreciated
Yearly team outings
Do not forget a competitive starting salary.
28 days holidays including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
Complimentary meals on duty and uniforms provided
As an employee you will become a member of the GO Hilton programme, which provides reduced room rates in all our hotels WORLDWIDE, which means you can choose out of over 5,000 properties in more than 100 countries and all this not only for yourself but off course to share with your friends and family as well.
50% discount on Food & Beverage in the hotel
Industry leading benefits including contributory pension scheme, discounted dental and health cover, and high street discounts.
A Host / Hostess at the Waldorf Astoria the Caledonian is responsible for seating guests and managing table set-ups to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while working to achieve departmental targets.
What will I be doing?
As a Host / Hostess, you are responsible for seating guests and managing table set-ups to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Food and Beverage Host / Hostess will also be required to work in all areas of Food and Beverage and strive to achieve departmental targets. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Welcome guests in a polite and friendly manner
· Coordinate seating for customers
· Up-sell with latest departmental incentives
· Manage table set-ups
· Able to work in all areas of Food and Beverage including Bar and Restaurant
· Follow cash handling procedures
· Manage guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
· Ensure compliance of brand standards
· Strive to achieve departmental targets
· Ensure cleanliness of work areas
· Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
· Comply with local licensing laws
· Be environmentally aware
· Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships