Our Finance team serves as a critical business partner responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management.
What will I be doing?
As the Financial Analyst, Marketing Support, you will be a dedicated resource to the Marketing team. You will handle monthly accounting and finance related activities within the Marketing department. In your role, you will assist in the invoice and billing process of the broader matrix. In addition, you will help to maintain good working relationships with crucial vendors such as Google, Facebook, etc.
More specifically, you will:
· Process all applicable invoices, including working with vendors to ensure efficient, timely and accurate invoicing.
· Collaborate directly with the Accounting department to process a defined set of accruals.
· Balance amounts accrued in the previous month with invoices processed to determine whether re-accrual is necessary.
· Reconcile expenses submitted with charges recorded in the financial system to ensure all charges are accounted for.
· Ensure that the monthly accounting process evolves to meet the needs of both Finance and business partners.
· Input data to spreadsheets to inform the monthly forecasting process.
· Upload forecasts into financial system monthly.
· Assist with the annual budget process.
· Perform ad-hoc reporting and financial requests, as needed.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a positive self-starter who loves to combine business insight with their analytical skills. The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
· Social communicators, who will positively influence Hilton's partners, both verbally and in writing, with excellent comprehension skills and collaboration
· Problem solvers, who are flexible and creative in finding solutions
· Accountable individuals, who effectively exceed in meeting deadlines, communicating results and recommending improvements
· Collaborators, who can work both independently and as part of a cross- functional team
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
· Two (2) years of professional working experience
· One (1) year of experience in Accounting, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), Controller area or business unit finance role
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables and VLOOKUP
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
· Three (3) years of professional work experience
· Two (2) years of experience with analyzing large amounts of data and building robust financial models
· Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!