Our Finance team serves as a critical business partner responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management.
What will I be doing?
In the Financial Analyst of Corporate Planning position, you will report to the Senior Manager, Corporate Planning and you will focus on the areas of global financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting for Hilton's corporate functions.
For your next Finance position, are you looking for a role where you will collaborate with teams across Finance and Accounting on financial planning, reporting and variance analysis preparation? We believe the Analyst, Corporate Planning role will provide exposure to departmental forecasting and budgeting cycles as well as oversight on domestic allocation workstreams.
More specifically, you will:
· Prepare monthly financial business reviews, quarterly board of directors meetings, and budget materials.
· Support Finance teams by helping to reconcile shared statistics in monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting.
· Assist with consolidation and analysis of five-year planning cycle by highlighting key areas of investment and efficiencies, reconciling to budget submission, and comparing to previous versions.
· Partner with Accounting and Audit to ensure adequate allocation documentation, approval, and SOX compliance.
· Lead the monthly budget update by coordinating the system calendar, consolidating organizational changes, uploading into the financial system and reconciling against board-approved budget.
· Collaborate with business partners to investigate issues as well as to execute on special projects as directed by leadership.
What are we looking for?
We believe for success in this role, you will be a creative problem solver and self-starter that demonstrates the following attributes and skills:
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly explain complex analytical topics to a wide audience who may or may not be familiar with analytics or the subject matter
· Collaborative teammates who thrive in an interdependent work-culture
· Strong critical thinking and quantitative and qualitative analytical skills; adept at using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or solutions to problems
· Good judgment and decision-making skills, with the ability to weigh the relative costs and benefits of potential actions in order to recommend optimal solutions
· Ultimate discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive corporate information
· Conscientious and independent worker, capable of effectively handling multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritizing responsibilities
· Experience building financial models to support forecasting, business analysis and financial reporting
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
· One (1) year of Accounting, FP&A and/or other Finance experience
· 10% travel
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel and data analysis systems (e.g. Essbase or Cognos)
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
· MA/MS Master's Degree
· Three (3) years of professional work experience
· Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and financial documents
· CPA license What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!