London (Greater London) Hotels - Restaurants
Waiter/ess (Homage Restaurant) - The Waldorf Hilton London
The Waldorf Hilton London is an iconic & historic London hotel built in the late 1800, located in Aldwych.
The hotel features 298 Guest Rooms, including 19 suites. Blending Edwardian “Du Siecle” with modern comfort. Our hotel sits in the center of London’s glitzy theatre district, just a few minutes’ walk from Covent Garden, The Royal Opera House and Trafalgar Square.
Guests of this hotel will experience first-class service, distinguished by an unrivalled commitment to a personalised approach. We ensure a comfortable, luxurious stays all our guests, with guidance on locally immersive experiences where desired.
Homage’s restaurant and Décor pays tribute to the Grand Cafés of Europe Renaissance, offering a high standard of Modern British Food. Good Godfrey’s bar & Lounge offers crafty & cosmopolitan cocktails as well as canapés and light bites. The Wild Monkey Bar opened in October 2021 that is in partnership with our local gin distillery offers sublime and sophisticated cocktails at high standard.
The salary is £12.00 an hour + (Service Charge £4,500 to £5,000 a year)
39 Hours a week Contract - Time and half Overtime fully Paid
A chance to make a difference through our Corporate Responsibility programmes – Find out what and how we are doing (https://cr.hilton.com)
High street discounts: with Perks at Work
Team Member Travel Program: discounted hotel nights plus 50% off Food and Beverages (subject to individual outlets)
Holiday pay increasing with length of service
Team Member Referral Program
Healthy meals provided
Laundry service and full provision of uniform
A Waiter/ess is responsible for working in all areas of Food and Beverage as needed to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while working to achieve departmental targets.
What will I be doing?
As a Waiter/ess, you are responsible for working in all areas of Food and Beverage as needed to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Food and Beverage Assistant will also be required to take and deliver customer orders and work to achieve departmental targets. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Welcome guests in a polite and friendly manner
- Take and deliver customer orders, consistently demonstrating high levels of customer service
- Prepare set ups for tables and/or rooms
- Manage guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Up-sell with latest departmental incentives
- Ensure compliance of brand standards
- You will work at Homage Restaurant for Breakfast, lunch or dinner service
- You will be the face of the outlet, communicating with the kitchen and the guests alike ensuring a smooth and memorable experience
- Welcome guests in a polite and friendly manner, consistently demonstrating great customer service
What are we looking for?
- Positive attitude and someone who makes our guests smile
- Genuinely friendly and caring
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- Ambitious and hard working
- Good communication and personal presentation
- It would be advantageous if you worked in Food and Beverage or in catering/restaurant/bar previously.
- There is no specific education or qualification required for this job.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!