Hilton York events are key to the success of the business. It has had a very successful 2017 & so far of 2018, delivering the best ever Christmas and over quadrupling weddings, we are looking for a dynamic, people centric person who is willing to get stuck in and drive the business even further.
An Event Coordinator is responsible for receiving all events and groups in the hotel, serving as the main point of contact for the customers and the commercial and operational areas of the hotel. Making sure building relationships with customers and the team to deliver the overall vision of the event department.
What will I be doing?
· As an Event Coordinator, you will work following the events that occur in the Hotel from initial contact with the event planner to preparing contracts for groups and events, until delivering the event and therefore must perform the following tasks with the higher standards:
· Meet with clients for show rounds, offer packages and bespoke prices
· Draw up contracts for groups and events
· Look after groups including inputting rooming lists, updating payment instructions and making sure all key information for that group is delivered to the team, also managing bedrooms prior to arrival to maximise customer experience
· Negotiate budgets with customers
· Develop the wedding market with promotion such as wedding fairs, meeting couples, contracting and delivering weddings
· Focusing especially on key social events such as proms, Christmas, charity balls, parties etc
· Develop banquet event orders in the system with all relevant information to make sure events are delivered successfully including meetings and conferences
· Working closely with the cluster team in Leeds to sell and deliver together
· Get payments and send invoices for events in a timely manner
· Interact permanently with the Event Manager, Sales Executive, Reservations, Front Desk, Kitchen and all other departments
· Act directly with the guest or client during key event
· Participate in special activities such as promotional events such as benefits fairs, fresher's fairs, open evenings etc
· Ensure that all client requests are answered efficiently and to the highest possible standard