The Waldorf Hilton London is an iconic & historic London hotel built in the late 1800, located in Aldwych.
The hotel features 298 Guest Rooms, including 19 suites. Blending Edwardian “Du Siecle” with modern comfort. Our hotel sits in the center of London’s glitzy theatre district, just a few minutes’ walk from Covent Garden, The Royal Opera House and Trafalgar Square.
Guests of this hotel will experience first-class service, distinguished by an unrivalled commitment to a personalised approach. We ensure a comfortable, luxurious stays all our guests, with guidance on locally immersive experiences where desired.
Homage’s restaurant and Décor pays tribute to the Grand Cafés of Europe Renaissance, offering a high standard of Modern British Food. Good Godfrey’s bar & Lounge offers crafty & cosmopolitan cocktails as well as canapés and light bites.
Hourly rate £11.00 - 39 hours a week
A chance to make a difference through our Corporate Responsibility programmes – Find out what and how we are doing (https://cr.hilton.com)
High street discounts: with Perks at Work
Team Member Travel Program: discounted hotel nights plus 50% off Food and Beverages (subject to individual outlets)
Holiday pay increasing with length of service
Team Member Referral Program
Healthy meals provided
Laundry service and full provision of uniform
A Doorperson maintains frequent contact with Guests by welcoming them on arrival, assisting with departures, parking Guests' cars as required, overseeing delivery and safe keeping of luggage, and providing others services for all Guests.
What will I be doing?
As a Doorperson, you serve as a key connection point between Guests and the hotel as well as other hotel departments. A Doorperson with the hotel property influences the Guest's first impression, and therefore, must ensure always offer a professional and welcoming disposition. Specifically, the Doorperson will perform the following tasks at the highest level of service:
- Comply with Company brand standards at all times
- Welcome guests on arrival and assist with their luggage
- Maintain frequent contact with regular Guests and visitors
- Park Guests' cars on the hotel premises, as required
- Provide a driving service to Guests, as required
- Ensure cleanliness and safety of all hotel vehicles
- Keep up to date on all hotel services as well as VIPs and special events
- Be knowledgeable on external locations, attractions, and landmarks in the vicinity
- Project a professional manner with an emphasis on hospitality and guest service
What are we looking for?
A Doorperson serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous experience working within the hotel, leisure, and/or retail sector
- A valid driver's license with no outstanding driving restrictions or infringements
- Meticulous personal presentation and strong communication skills
- Strong good communication skills
- Calm, courteous, and discreet
- A good knowledge of the area and the country in general, preferred
- A passion for working on team as well as autonomously
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!