Hourly salary of £12.00
This is a full time 39 hours/week position. Earliest start 6/6:30am and latest finish 11pm.
The successful candidate must be able to work any shift within these hours (8 hours/day shift).
Conrad London St James is one of Hiltons three global luxury brands and reflects the bold, inspired and personalised service we offer our guests. The hotel is renowned for its excellent service and is in the top 5% of hotels in London and the Top 10% in the world.
Located in the heart of Westminster, as well as 256 beautifully appointed bedrooms our outlets within the hotel offer its teams the opportunity to join exciting food and drink concepts, with the standards and luxury service Conrad is famous for. Supported by celebrity chef Sally Abe, they consist of:
- The Blue Boar Pub, which is a contemporary take on a British pub
- The Hedgerow, the hotel’s cocktail bar, which takes inspiration from the beauty of the traditional British countryside
- The Pem, a glamourous and elegant restaurant in the centre of the hotel showcasing classic British cuisine using modern techniques
- The Orchard, for afternoon teas
A Doorperson maintains frequent contact with Guests by welcoming them on arrival, assisting with departures, parking Guests' cars as required, overseeing delivery and safe keeping of luggage, and providing others services for all Guests.
What will I be doing?
As a Doorperson, you serve as a key connection point between Guests and the hotel as well as other hotel departments. A Doorperson with the hotel property influences the Guest's first impression, and therefore, must ensure always offer a professional and welcoming disposition. Specifically, the Doorperson will perform the following tasks at the highest level of service:
- Comply with Company brand standards at all times
- Welcome guests on arrival and assist with their luggage
- Maintain frequent contact with regular Guests and visitors
- Park Guests' cars on the hotel premises, as required
- Provide a driving service to Guests, as required
- Ensure cleanliness and safety of all hotel vehicles
- Keep up to date on all hotel services as well as VIPs and special events
- Be knowledgeable on external locations, attractions, and landmarks in the vicinity
- Project a professional manner with an emphasis on hospitality and guest service
What are we looking for?
A Doorperson serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous experience working within the hotel, leisure, and/or retail sector
- A valid driver's license with no outstanding driving restrictions or infringements
- Meticulous personal presentation and strong communication skills
- Strong good communication skills
- Calm, courteous, and discreet demeanor
- A good knowledge of the area and the country in general, preferred
- A passion for working on team as well as autonomously
What we offer:
- A global travel program for team members
- Participation in our team Hilton Marketplace initiative
- Meals whilst on duty
- To be part of a fabulous team
About Conrad St James
Conrad Hotels & Resorts combines contemporary design, sophisticated amenities, and personalised service to provide exceptional travel experiences all over the world. The hotel is renowned for its excellent service Conde Nast number 11 and Trip Advisor number 27 and is the Top 5% of hotels in London and the Top 10 % in the world.