At Hilton York, each of our 131 rooms are designed with comfort and convenience in mind; providing a place for our guests to unwind or to catch up on work. With various types of rooms & suites, we can accommodate the most discerning of traveller with a space that's right for them.
What will I be doing?
As a Deputy Housekeeper, you'll be part of an established & driven team responsible for assisting with overseeing housekeeping operations to deliver an exceptional Guest and Team Member experience. Our Deputy Housekeeper will also be required to assist the Head Housekeeper and monitor standards. More specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Assist with overseeing Housekeeping operations
· Operate within departmental budgets through effective stock and cost controls and well managed schedules
· Support departmental targets and objectives, work schedules, budgets, and policies and procedures
· Monitor the appearance, standards and performance of the Housekeeping Team with an emphasis on training and teamwork
· Ensure team members have an up-to-date knowledge of all room categories and amenities
· Assist Head Housekeeper to maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel areas and with external customers and suppliers
· Ensure staffing levels cover business demands
· Ensure ongoing training to support Head Housekeeper
· Ensure communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated
· Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
· Support managing, training and developing the Front Office team
· Deputise in absence of Head Housekeeper
· Assist other departments wherever necessary