A Deputy General Manager is responsible for the effective operational management of the hotel to ensure we offer the best customer experience at all times. In addition, the right person will be able to empower their Heads of Department to create a culture that allows them to achieve and exceed their revenue and Guest satisfaction targets as well as meet their own personal and career aspirations.
What will I be doing?
As Deputy General Manager, you will be responsible for the effective operational management of the hotel so Heads of Department achieve and exceed their revenue and Guest satisfaction targets. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Work in collaboration with the General Manager / Area General Manager to actively manage key property issues (including capital projects; customer service; refurbishment)
· Assist the development of meaningful, achievable hotel budgets and other short and long term hotel strategic goals
· Proactively support and develop your HoDs as well as be an ambassador of the Hilton Values, through your behaviours.
· Set high standards within the hotel, ensuring the teams go over and above at all times.
· Provide effective and compassionate leadership to the hotel leadership team and team members to ensure targets are met and exceeded
· Respond to audits that are completed by the company to ensure continual improvement is achieved
· Plan, direct and coordinate the service delivery of all operational departments in order to meet and exceed guest expectations
· Comply and exceed hotel and company Service Standards
· Ensure that costs are controlled throughout the operational departments and results are analysed regularly to highlight problem areas and take appropriate action
· Manage and develop the Heads of Department to ensure career progression and effective succession planning within the hotel and company
· Seek and respond to Guest feedback in order to achieve positive outcomes and high levels of customer satisfaction
· Hold regular briefings and communication meetings with the HOD team
What are we looking for?
A Deputy Hotel Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you must possess the following qualifications, attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
· A degree or diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent
· Strong commercial acumen, preferably with experience in Food and Beverage or Rooms Management
· Experience of managing leaders and demonstrate that you are able to develop and empower your team.
· Experience in managing budgets, revenue proposals and forecasting results
· In-depth knowledge of the hotel / leisure / service sector
· Strong leadership skills to effectively manage and motivate the team to achieve high level of perform and exceed targets
· Accountable and resilient
· Ability to work under pressure
· It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
· Knowledge of the hotel property management systems
· Previous experience in the same or similar role
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!