What will it be like to work for Waldorf Astoria?
Known locally as The Caley, Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian is one of Edinburgh's most significant and recognisable landmarks. Standing proudly at the west end of Princes Street, the artery of the capital, its reputation for style and excellence has attracted generations of locals, international visitors and notable personalities for 100 years.
Click on the links to view our hotel video:
What will I be doing?
As C&E Planner, you will manage all aspects of the clients experience at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh, liaise with all other departments in the hotel and maximise revenue. This will include, but is not limited to, Weddings, Conferences, Social Events, Leisure Groups, Tour Groups etc. Event planners must be able to complete a wide range of activities requiring clear communication, excellent organisational skills and attention to detail. They must work well under pressure, ensuring the smooth and efficient running of an event. They will interact frequently with clients and customers with the intention of earning repeat and expanded business. A GC&E Planner must be able to anticipate customer needs, discern work priorities, meet deadlines and be willing to work evenings and weekends when required.
Specifically, a GC&E Planner will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
Ideal candidate profile
· To fully understand the needs of the luxury customer and strive to exceed those expectations at all times
· Be versatile and positive in developing and managing customer relationships with a high standard of communication both written and oral.
· Conduct show rounds of the venue with prospective and existing clients ensuring these are centred around the clients specific needs and requirements.
· Event organisers must be able to complete a wide range of activities requiring clear communication, excellent organisational skills and attention to detail. They must work well under pressure, ensuring the smooth and efficient running of an event.
· Liaise with all other departments in the hotel in the lead up and during the event to ensure smooth transition between events and locations within the hotel including holding pre-conferences with event organisers and the wider hotel team.
· Producing Event Orders to ensure the wider hotel team have all relevant information in order to successfully run and deliver a luxury experience.
· Managing and liaising with external suppliers required for events and overseeing the logistics of their role in the specific event.
· Conduct post-event evaluations to determine how future events could be improved
· Manage billing and charging of all groups, conferences and events they are responsible for.
· To comply with all systems, procedures and GC&E best practice as laid down by Hilton Worldwide.
· Ensure that all activities are in compliance with national laws and regulations, and Hilton Worldwide's operating policies, processes and systems.
General other responsibilities:
· To be actively involved in preparation and participation in all relevant business activities and meetings and ensure actions are followed up
· Promoting Hilton Worldwide Values as the foundation of the organisations culture.
· Be a ‘Brand Ambassador' of Hilton Worldwide by leading by example
· Maintain excellent team spirit by supporting and encouraging all Team members
· Attend all relevant training and development activities as required
A Groups, Conference & Events (GC&E) Planner with Waldorf Astoria Hotels and Resorts will be responsible for all the pre management and planning in the areas of groups, conferences and events as well as maximising revenue from these contracted groups and events, this will include but is not limited to the management of room blocks, catering, decor, operational requirements and use of all hotel outlets such as spa or restaurant.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Our teams deliver exceptional hospitality experiences to our Guests every day & their contributions are at the core of our success. We're committed to helping our teams 'Thrive@Hilton', to ensure we're our best self, every day.
Our benefit programmes help to build a strong foundation to achieve this...
BODY - We build a strong foundation for health & wellbeing:
Retirement plan, life assurance, healthcare cash plan, dental insurance & eye care
MIND - We seek lifelong learning & meaningful leadership:
Childcare vouchers, CMP & CAP, AXA employee assistance programme
SPIRIT - We dare to dream & connect with purpose:
Team member room rates globally, perks at work package