Hilton Glasgow is a much sought after hotel for meetings and events in Scotland, showcasing a prime city centre location and world class facilities. We have 15 flexible and fully equipped function rooms, including an entire floor dedicated to meetings and events. For conferences, banquets and grand celebrations our striking Grand Ballroom can accommodate up to 1,000 Guests. Whatever the scale and complexity of our guests' event, our dedicated conference & events team accommodate & aim to exceed every need.
What will I be doing?
As a Conference and Banqueting Operations Supervisor, you'll be part of a large team who are responsible for setting up, overseeing and running Conference and Banqueting operations, delivering exceptional experiences. As an experienced Conference and Banqueting Operations Supervisor, you'll have a background in delegating tasks in line with function sheets and assist with meeting departmental targets. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards...
· Overseeing Conference and Banqueting operations
· Communicate and delegate in line with daily function sheets
· Able to work in all areas of Conference and Banqueting
· Manage guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
· Room set-ups, breakdowns & turnarounds
· Plan, organise and control the daily shift operations
· Ensure compliance of brand standards
· Represent needs of the team
· Assist Conference and Banqueting Management with training and developing the team
· Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
Ideal candidate profile
What are we looking for?
A Conference and Banqueting Operations Supervisor who is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with our Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, skills, and values that follow:
· Previous, large scale, full service Conference and Banqueting supervisory experience
· Committed to delivering high levels of service
· Positive attitude
· Good communication skills
· Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
· Ability to switch between working on your own and in large teams
· Willingness to develop team members and self What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Our teams deliver exceptional hospitality experiences to our Guests every day & their contributions are at the core of our success. We're committed to helping our teams 'Thrive@Hilton', to ensure we're our best self, every day.
Our benefit programmes help to build a strong foundation to achieve this...
BODY - We build a strong foundation for health & wellbeing…
Retirement plan, life assurance, healthcare cash plan, dental insurance & eye care
MIND - We seek lifelong learning & meaningful leadership…
Childcare vouchers, CMP & CAP, AXA employee assistance programme
SPIRIT - We dare to dream & connect with purpose…
Team member room rates globally, perks at work package
We are Hilton, We are Hospitality!
Contract - Permanent (39hrs per week)
Salary - £19.5k per annum + our Hilton perks & benefits programme #hiltonworkperks
In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage.