The stories begin here at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian :
Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian, known locally as the “Caley”, was built in 1903 and is one of Edinburgh's most significant landmarks. Standing proudly at the West End of Princes Street, this former Victorian railway building hotel nestles in the shadow of Edinburgh Castle and its reputation for style and excellence has attracted international visitors and notable personalities for over one hundred years.
Click on the link to view our hotel video
The UK's first and only Guerlain Spa is a sanctuary of luxury and relaxation featuring an array of spa treatments, swimming pool, sauna, steam room, whirlpool, and two state-of-the-art gyms.
Why join Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian as a Spa Therapist at the Guerlain Spa ?
It's your world– Your next role could be as a Team Leader or Supervisor.
· Personal Development programmes for every level
· Working in an environment where creativity is highly appreciated
· Yearly team outings
· Do not forget a competitive starting salary
· Service charge/tips
· 28 days holidays including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
What will it be like to work for Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts?
Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptional environment and the personalised attention of True Waldorf Service that creates a singular experience.
If you understand the value of personalised attention and know how to treat even the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level of customer service, you may just be the person we are looking for!
What will I be doing?
As a Spa Therapist for the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian you are responsible for overseeing your department to deliver an excellent Guest and Team Member experience in accordance with the True Waldorf Service Standards.
· You will be the face of the outlet, communicating with different departments and the guests alike ensuring a smooth and memorable experience
· Welcome guests in a polite and friendly manner, consistently demonstrating great customer service
· Up-sell and exceed retail targets with latest departmental incentives
Ideal candidate profile
What are we looking for?
· Passion and willingness to learn
· Positive attitude and someone who makes our guests smile
· Genuinely friendly and caring
· Enjoys working as part of a team
· Ambitious and hard working
· Good communication and excellent grooming standards
· Previous experience in a 5 star Spa advantageous but not essential.
· Excellent Massage and skin expertise skills
· A passion for luxury brands
· Excellent retail skills
· Excellent Grooming standards
Looking forward welcoming you to our hotel.
Salary £9 per hour + incentives, meals on duty & uniform