Looking to join a culture of excellence and be part of the most recognised name in the hospitality industry?
“We are Hilton! We are Hospitality!”
We create heartfelt experiences for our guests and meaningful opportunities for our Team Members. Achieving consistently the title of “Great places to work”, this is not just a job – we offer you a journey of self-discovery, growth and an exceptional career.
Interested in learning more or to hear it straight from our team, click on the link below:
Why join the Hilton family as a Public Area Cleaner/Linen porter?
· “It's your world” – Your next role could be as a Supervisor, or why not move into a different department like Sales, Food and Beverage or Human Resources in over 100 different countries
· Personal Development programmes
· Worldwide travel perks - up to 30 nights at discounted rates and 50% F&B discounts
· Industry leading benefits including contributory pension scheme, discounted dental and health cover, and high street discounts
· 28 days holidays including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
· Complimentary meals on duty and uniforms provided
What will I be doing?
You will work up to 5 days per week, including, but not always, weekends and bank holidays. You will work 2/3 days as Public Area cleaner and/or 3/2 days as Linen porter/Laundry Assistant
As a Public Area Cleaner , you are responsible for ensuring the cleanliness of public areas to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience.
A Public Area Cleaner will also be required to manage customer issues and undertake regular deep cleaning tasks.
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Ensure cleanliness of all public areas - Carry out lost property procedures
· Manage customer service issues quickly and effectively - Manage master keys in his/her possession
· Undertake regular deep cleaning tasks, e.g monthly deep cleaning and carpet shampooing
· Report maintenance issues to Maintenance/Engineering Department
· Check public areas and toilets taking remedial action where necessary
· Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
· Carry out any other reasonable task set by the hotel's management
As a Linen Porter/Laundry Assistant , you are responsible for ensuring that linen is available for all departments as requested to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Linen Porter is also required to maintain cleanliness of the linen room and take receipt of stock. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Ensure Linen is available for all departments as requested
· Ensure quality controls are in place for all linen processes, rejecting any exceptions
· Maintain cleanliness of the Linen Room
· Carrying out stock takes as requested
· Ensure par stocks are maintained
· Take receipt of stock and ensure safe storage
What are we looking for?
Positive attitude and someone who makes our guests smile
Genuinely friendly and caring
Enjoys working as part of a team
Good communication and personal presentation
Attention to detail
Resilient and can work under pressure
It would be advantageous if you worked previously in a customer facing job.
There is no specific education or qualification required for this job.
To apply for this role
· We are looking to fill this job as soon as possible and aim to come back to you within the next 2 weeks. If you are successful, you will be invited for an interview followed by a trial shift.
· In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we do require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage
Ideal candidate profile