Looking to join a culture of excellence Conference and Events Assistant and be part of the most recognised name in the hospitality industry?
“We are Hilton! We are Hospitality!”
What will it be like to work for Waldorf Astoria?
Known locally as “The Caley”, Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian is one of Edinburgh's most significant and recognisable landmarks. Standing proudly at the west end of Princes Street, the artery of the capital, its reputation for style and excellence has attracted generations of locals, international visitors and notable personalities for 100 years.
Click on the links to view our hotel video:
What will I be doing?
· Set up meeting and event rooms
· Ensure compliance of brand standards
· Knowledge of menu content, menu changes, and promotional activities
· Ensure the Conference and Banqueting areas are kept clean and tidy
· Ensure Refreshment breaks are served at the correct times
· Able to work in all areas of Food and Beverage including Bar, Restaurant, Room Service and Conference and Events
What are we looking for?
· Positive attitude
· Good communication skills
· Committed to delivering high levels of customer service
· Excellent grooming standards
· Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
· Ability to work on your own or in teams
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Our teams deliver exceptional hospitality experiences to our Guests every day & their contributions are at the core of our success. We're committed to helping our teams 'Thrive@Hilton', to ensure we're our best self, every day.
Our benefit programmes help to build a strong foundation to achieve this...
BODY - We build a strong foundation for health & well being:
Retirement plan, life assurance, healthcare cash plan, dental insurance & eye care
MIND - We seek lifelong learning & meaningful leadership:
Childcare vouchers, CMP & CAP, AXA employee assistance programme
SPIRIT - We dare to dream & connect with purpose:
Team member room rates globally, perks at work package
We are Hilton, We are Hospitality!
Salary - £7.70 - £8.21 per hour + 10% service charge, meals on duty & Hilton perks & benefits package ( discounted rate to use the gym only for £25/month)
Looking forward welcoming you to our hotel.
Ideal candidate profile