We are recruiting for various CASUAL CHEF'S to join our passionate kitchen team!
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
As a Chef, you will utilise your creative flair and passion for food to ensure high quality production for the restaurant, which meets the Hilton standards. You will work autonomously and manage your time and workspace accordingly, in order to prepare the daily required food for the culinary operation within the hotel, while ensuring all hygiene and Workplace Health and Safety requirements are consistently met. Shifts will be offered on an operational needs-basis. Depending on experience, you will be performing the following tasks and responsibilities;
· Manage and maintain a clean and tidy working environment in Team Member Restaurant and other outlets as required
· Prepare mise-en-place for relevant menus
· Produce consistent quality specialised meals
· Ensure food is of a good quality and stored correctly
· Contribute to controlling costs, improving gross profit margins, and other departmental and financial targets
· Work closely with our team of Chefs (Commis Chef, Demi Chef de Partie, Chef de Partie, Sous Chef)
· Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues as well as comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation.
Ideal candidate profile
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
To be successful in your application, you will have:
· Positive attitude and passion for cuisine
· Good communication skills
· Ability to work under pressure
· Ability to work on own or in teams
· Previous kitchen experience
· Eligibility to work in New Zealand
WHAT IS IN IT FOR ME?
As a Hilton team member you can expect to receive the following and more:
· Competitive benefits such as daily dry-cleaned uniform and hot meal in our Team Member restaurant
· Member of the Hilton GO program giving you access to discounted room and F&B rates worldwide
· Access to Hilton University training, offering more than 3,500 learning programs
· Participate in ongoing recognition programs
· Training & development and worldwide career opportunities