Hilton is one of the largest and fastest growing hospitality companies in the world, with more than 5,100 properties with more than 838,000 rooms in 103 countries and territories. In the nearly 100 years since our founding, we have defined the hospitality industry and established a portfolio of 14 world-class brands, including our flagship Hilton Hotels & Resorts brand, which is the most recognized hotel brand in the world. We have more than 69 million members in our award–winning customer loyalty program, Hilton Honors.
The business analyst directly supports reporting and analysis for all business units in Hilton's Reservations and Customer Care centers, with specific focus on performance metrics in both sales and service branches of the organization. The analyst will utilize various BI tools and advanced analytical concepts to extract, organize and analyze large amounts of data, in order to create and effectively communicate insights to leadership to help drive strategic decision-making.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it's with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
As a Team Member in this role, you will be responsible for:
Establish &maintain data integrity – 20%
• Understand key metrics and report structure & process to be able to identify data discrepancies and errors.
• Test and evaluate data accuracy for various different data sets both within an enterprise data warehouse (Oracle), and in external data sources.
Gathering &Organizing data – 30%
• Use Business Intelligence tool (Microstrategy, Alteryx) to query the data in Hilton's Enterprise Data Warehouse accurately and efficiently.
• Create and understand data relationships/architecture, working with the database team to ensure the integrity of the data structure/design.
Analyzing and interpreting data – 30%
• Use BI tools, spreadsheets and database tools to manipulate large amounts of data to create and combine insightful and automated reports to identify trends, relationships, and discover root causes of business outcomes. (Microstrategy, Alteryx, Tableau, R)
• Design and implement advanced analytical processes by combining BI tools (Microstrategy & Alteryx) with R to create predictive forecasting and target setting models.
• Use advanced analytical models to analyze unstructured data (text) to derive key insights based on text and sentiment analysis.
• Support Operations team by helping build framework and automation to analyze and understand f forecasts, staffing and planning requirements to improve operational insights and efficiency.
Communicate/Deliver insights effectively – 20%
• Use BI tools to design and build dashboards and visualizations to show trends, patterns, relationships and analyses with clarity to deliver impactful insight.
• Use verbal and written communication skills to deliver analytical observations and recommendations to business owners and leadership to in a concise, yet informative manner, to provide a strong data centric basis for strategic decision-making.
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
• Comfortable with Microsoft Office Suite, with high proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Understanding of the fundamentals of Data structure, and data table relationships
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton.