The Hilton Birmingham Metropole is looking for a part time Breakfast Commis Chef to join the kitchen team at this large hotel, recently refurbished hotel. This is a great opportunity to join an experienced team and benefit from the on site facilities. Please note that this role would start in the second or third week of January.
Pay rate: £11.00/ hour plus service charge
The contract will be for 16 hours a week. Shift patterns are 6.30am to 12pm midday, 3 days a week.
Travel and food discounts: 30 discounted hotel nights per year plus 50% off Food & Beverage (subject to individual outlets)
Free meals on duty
Holiday: 28 days including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
Discounted dental and health cover
High street discounts: with Perks at Work
Grow your career: access to a network of 6500+ hotels across 100+ countries (subject to local right to work rules)
Personal Development: programmes designed to support your career
24/7 access to Employee Assistant Programme (EAP) & Wellbeing Hub
Discounted LivingWell membership
WHAT’S THE JOB?
A Breakfast Commis Chef is responsible for ensuring that breakfast and the buffet are prepared and presented to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while assisting with food cost controls.
What will I be doing?
As a Breakfast Commis Chef, you will be responsible for ensuring that breakfast and the buffet are prepared and presented to a high quality to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Breakfast Commis Chef will also be required to assist with food cost controls. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Ensure breakfast, the buffet, and/or any other meal periods are prepared and presented to a high quality and within company guidelines
- Supervise staff if required
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
- Prepare all miss-en-place for breakfast buffet and/or any other meal periods
- Assist in positive outcomes from guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure food stuffs are of a good quality and stored correctly
- Contribute to controlling costs, improving gross profit margins, and other departmental and financial targets
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Be environmentally aware
What are we looking for?
A Breakfast Commis Chef serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
Passion for excellent customer service
A drive to always learn more
Pride in personal presentation
- NVQ Level 2
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous kitchen experience in similar role
- Intermediate food hygiene
EVERY JOB MAKES THE STAY.
At Hilton, It Matters Where You Stay, but The Stay is only one side of the story.
We know it takes hundreds of jobs to create unforgettable experiences for our guests – and behind every job, there’s an extraordinary person working to make each Stay magical. That’s why at Hilton, Every Job Makes the Stay.
Find out more about all our brands and hotels - Hilton Brands | Global Hospitality Company