London (Greater London) Marketing
BAR MANAGER – New Opening
Launching July 2023 - Casual luxury with a distinctly London personality, effortlessly shifting from work to fun. The Bar is an all-day experience situated within the London Hilton on Park Lane, one of the cities most preeminent locations. Featuring classically inspired cocktails, exceptional coffee and a food menu encompassing playful takes on iconic dishes. A place to meet, work, eat, drink and play.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
We create heartfelt experiences for all our guests and meaningful opportunities for all our team members. This has led to Hilton being consistently recognised as “Great Places to Work.”
- Competitive Salary and Benefits package
- 28 days paid holiday increasing with service
- Exclusive perks through our online discount portal
- Access to leadership and development programmes through Hilton University
- Exceptional Career opportunities
- Industry-leading Team Member discounts on hotel stays for you, your family and friends
- Wellbeing programmes to help you Thrive in the workplace
- Reward programmes, incentives and team member recognition, as well as long service awards
- 50% off in Hilton restaurants and bars
- Recommend a Friend incentive
- Uniforms provided and laundered complimentary
- Recognised as a ‘Great Place to Work’
- Free meals on shift
The Bar Manager is responsible for the commercial performance, management and reputation of the Bar.
- Are you passionate about running market-leading bars?
- Do you know what it takes to inspire your team to deliver exceptional guest experiences every time?
- As a leader, are you supportive and inclusive?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment?
If so, this Bar Manager role is made for you!
As Bar General Manager, you will:
1. Commercial Performance
- Achieve the bar’s business plan, considering financials, market strategy, team member and guest experience.
- Collaborate with the Commercial and Marketing team on marketing and social media plans for the bar to drive visibility and reputation.
- Manage the bar’s budget and forecast effectively. Review business results - including sales, costs, profitability, covers, guest satisfaction - and take action to improve performance.
- Optimise covers using good revenue and diary management processes.
2. Excellent Food & Beverage
- Deliver a high-quality drinks menu to satisfy guests’ needs - and social media feeds!
- Partner with the Head Chef to create attractive food concepts, menus, products and promotions that drive revenue and profit.
- Champion Hilton’s sustainability goals through local sourcing, use of seasonal produce and minimizing food waste.
3. Exceptional Customer Experiences
- Lead your team to deliver exceptional guest experiences, making sure they provide authentic personalised service and in-depth product knowledge.
- Develop great customer relationships, recognizing repeat guests, preferences and celebrations to improve loyalty.
- Review and act on guest feedback, taking quick action to resolve guest complaints and improve service.
- Enhance the bar’s image through online reputation management, driving positive reviews on key platforms (e.g. TripAdvisor, Google Reviews).
- Make sure that food allergies and dietary requirements are treated with absolute seriousness at all times.
- Manage music and entertainment to create an attractive atmosphere that support the bar’s concept.
4. Great Working Environment
- Manage, develop and inspire the bar team, creating an inclusive environment where all Team Members can thrive and achieve their professional goals.
- Practice great people management, from recruitment to training to succession planning and recognition.
- Schedule Team Members’ working time efficiently based on forecast business volumes, offering flexibility where possible and minimizing overtime costs.
- Communicate well and often, building good relationships with your team and key stakeholders.
5. Day-To-Day Essentials
- Make sure bar operations strictly comply with all regulations (including health, safety and hygiene, food safety certification, licensing) and that potentially hazardous situations are identified, reported and corrected.
- Make sure all bar opening and closing procedures are carried out correctly, including financial reports and reconciliations.
- Maintain operational effectiveness, using efficient steps of service and layout to reduce cycle times.
- Manage bar inventory, stock control and purchasing, following hotel guidelines.
- Keep up to date with what’s happening in F&B – current and future trends, markets, ingredients, competitors and suppliers – to drive innovation.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for an inspirational leader who is passionate about food and beverage, with at least two years’ experience in a similar role and a background in mixology. London experience within a hotel and high-street bar environment would be an advantage. WSET level 2 qualification would also be an advantage.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Commercial focus, with a demonstrated ability to deliver exceptional business performance and results.
- Inspirational leadership and people management skills, experienced in managing, developing and motivating a team and working effectively with other departments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to deliver a compelling message for the right audience, from team briefings to commercial business presentations to representing the bar publicly.
- Customer focus, maintaining the highest standards of service and quality to create memorable experiences every time.
- Effective relationship management skills to build good relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, including suppliers, local media and influencers.
- Creativity, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills, able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment while remaining calm and focused under pressure.
You will possess a solid understanding of digital marketing and be proficient in using F&B systems and MS Office.
Want to know more about this job?
- Contact Amy directly in our Recruitment Team on Amy.Threadingham@hilton.com